Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TN
City
Franklin
Hello and thank you for these forums. God bless every person journeying through ALS. A dear friend of mine lost her mom to it. YOU all are the bravest people I have ever witnessed. I have read the READ BEFORE POSTING and I am grateful for some clarifications in that post. My situation, however, is not really answered there that I can tell.

I am 58 years old (female). I started noticing a strange intermittent buzzing sensation in my right foot (inside side of foot near heal) about 6 days ago. It comes for 3 or 4 seconds and then stops for a second or two and then repeats non-stop. At first I completely ignored it thinking it was a pair of shoes I had worn or something. but it has become so distracting. So, yesterday I tried to watch it to see if I can see it from the outside. While I cannot see the intermittent buzzing or vibrating or whatever it is, I noticed lots of on-going twitching that was really pronounced just in front of the buzzing on the side of my inner foot. I hadn't really felt the twitching because I wasn't paying that close of attention, but now that I have seen it, I notice I can feel the bigger twitches but not the small one.

Can this combination of symptoms (in one specific spot like this) be a very early symptom of ALS? I do not want to go through the drama of EMGs and Neuros (I've read some of those threads and the poor folks sound tortured and I feel very sad for them). But, if this is concerning in the opinion of those with experience here, I'd like to know. Thanks you in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure the sticky post is clear that twitching alone means nothing at all.

Please, endure the drama of going to a doctor. If you have any health concern, particularly being terminally ill, a doctor is the first step, never the internet.

All the best.

My apologies. I didn’t mean to offend anyone. I understand that a doctors input is very important. I just was leaning toward the fact that I was over reacting to the symptoms and was just kind of thinking I needed to let it go for a while instead of diving in and going down that rabbit hole. I understand that asking a question in a forum is probably also a rabbit hole. My apologies. If you’d like, moderator, feel free to delete this thread that I started.

Your question is fine. The answer is that I don't see any reason for concern as regards ALS. However, if the abnormal sensations persist, you might see a podiatrist to rule out peripheral neuropathy or a foot injury, and your PCP to rule out a vascular problem.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back