ALS Clinic Certified CenterSM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pat and Irma are right, Ernie. Stress can do a number on a person. You need to let the VA treat you and if staying off this forum relieves some of your stress then maybe you should take a break for a bit. And we are not going anywhere - we will be right here if it turns out that you need support for MND. Cordially, Cindy

I'm not an expert on this, but here is my understanding.

"ALS Certified Center"SM is a title that ALSA gives to clinics that provide a comprehensive list of services that they specify. More info is at

http://www.alsa.org/community/centers.cfm?CFID=5467235&CFTOKEN=34fe9f7-f64cfa3f-98e7-4bbe-a191-9103d44a9e98

They send out a team of evaluators periodically and the local chapter works with the clinic to make sure that the clinic is able to provide a certain quality of multidisciplinary help to PALS in a one-stop shop.

The ALS Association and the Chapter then provide substantial financial support to that ALS Certified Center to assist in its work.

The ALS Association would have the most accurate information on what to expect from one of their ALS Certified Centers. I believe that the MDA also has a clinic certification program of some sort but I am not familiar with what is involved in that.

I hope this might be of some help.

First, Ernie, I'm not so sure about the VA hospitals; get yourself to an ALS clinic.
Second, everybody, how about a list of GOOD ALS clinics. Johns Hopkins is one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back