Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
Wimbledon
City
London
Hello all you lovely folk!

I'm doing a charity event beginning of the year and I would like to do it to raise money for ALS. Can anyone advise the charity to go with? I don't want to pick one, where the money I raise goes towards someone's wages.

Thanks, and sorry if I have posted in the wrong thread.

ALS Guardian Angels you can contact Stu here

Last edited by a moderator:
the ALS Association has made it very easy to set up any type of fundraiser with the One Dollar Makes a Difference program. The funds go to the ALS Association which has been an endless amount of support for ALS patients. they have a huge support system for Patients of ALS and their care givers, a healthy loan closet of equipment, help and advice and they fund research. If we have a need there are at our fingertips with help or connecting us with the right program or people.

if you want to put together your own fund raiser it is an easy place to start....
The ALS Association

if you are looking for one already in the works and wish to promote it and add to it search 50 Miles for Steve at the above link, it is a run my nefew is doing to raise funds and awareness. The most common question I get from friends trying to decide to give is...
"does the money he is raising got directly to help you and Steve?"
my answer...
"in a round about way, YES! Between equipment loaded, med bills cover while we were waiting for Medicare/disability to kick in, and the emotional support available, this run can not raise enough money to cover the costs of what they have done for us already!"

I forgot to add a big THANK YOU on my post :D

I notice you are in London. Are you primarily interested in UK based MND charities?

ALS Guardian Angels has a World wide reach. Our dear IrisMarie, from somewhere in the UK was helped when she could not get someone to care for her dogs. Stu has no administrative costs, as he does it all himself, including matching all donations

Iris lived in France. I didn't realize Stu reached that far, that man is amazing!

oh yes Stu helped Iris. He has also gotten BiPaps for folks in Russia and the Urkraine

I notice you are in London. Are you primarily interested in UK based MND charities?

Sorry for the late reply. I would like the donations I manage to get to go to helping find treatment and one day a cure for this disease. I don't have anyone directly affected by ALS/MND but having learnt a lot about it over the last few months and seeing how wonderful the folk are on here helping and answering each bothers questions. I feel it to be an honour.

So to answer the question not necessarily a UK based charity but perhaps the charity with the more promising breakthroughs or the most familiar to the people on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back