als and the menstrual cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cna
that maybe why mine has stopped. I have lost 70 lbs in maybe last 10 months,,i use to be quite the fatty.

Thanks for the replys guys and gals

PaulaB

barbie, and other moms out there, I have a friend with als who is the mother of a 6 year old girl and 14 year old boy. she desperately wants to connect with other moms with als. she was diagnosed just last november, but is progressing quickly. I can relate to some extent: my husband died of als when my kids were 9 and 11- but obviously it is not the same as having the disease. please let me know who is out there that would like to be a friend to mary ann. her daughter is adopted - she can't stand that this child faces losing ANOTHER mother! thank you to all.

susan

Susan -

Mary Ann can send a private message to me (PALS and mom of four ages 8-15) if she wants, anytime.

Liz

hello

Hello and sorry it took so long for me to reply. I do not get on as much as I would like to lately.

I think that connecting your friend with someone who truly understands her feelings is a great idea. My friend's husband found a lady in the US that was about her age with children and diagnosed with ALS. Gail and her keep in touch and their children send letters and pictures as penpals.

Was your friend just recently diagnosed?

Gail has progressed quickly and has trouble typing and speaking now.

Good luck,

Barbie4:-|

one less thing 4 caregiver to deal with

Hi all...
It's been awhile since I've been interested in the forum thing-gotten worse. Started falling..twice in 1 day...not into reading about what people write...what's ahead of me. This one post caught my eye.....dealing with the period issue. If it helps others... every 3 months I get a shot of DEPRO-PROVERA - stops the periods! I too thought about a hysterectomy....this has proven to be the best choice 4 me.

Will PM you about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back