Al's ALS WALK Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw it oh gifted one! Am still working on the timing as the professor will need a ride to YYZ that day. Maybe I'll see you... but my kids and I will make the Toronto Walk for sure.
Happy Fund Raising!

T.

KMA on the gifted one. Would be good to meet in person even if you don't have time to walk.

Great site Al. I really enjoyed reading your story from your daughters point of view. She sounds like a strong and caring woman. You should be very proud. I only hope I can be the same kind of daughter for my dad. It is inspiring to see how well you have all dealt with this. Kudos to you and your family!
Dana

Well she really is a sweatheart. She surprised us with a 35th Anniversary party last Monday. Complete surprise. Almost 100 friends and family there. Lee and I had no idea. The family and friends got together to send us to Las Vegas. As I probably said here before one of the things on my TO DO LIST is see the Grand canyon. So on June 19 to 24 Lee and I and Tara and Mario are going to see the sights of Vegas and the Grand Canyon. It's going to be hot but Tara has contacted the Aladdin Hotel to see about wheel chair rental. So when I get tired which is happening a lot more lately I can get around a bit more. Should be a great time. Taking the helicopter tour of Hoover Dam and the Canyon. Life can be crappy with this disease but you have to do what you can while you still can. I'm not done yet.

Al you definitly have a sweetheart for a daughter and iI think you woud be a hero in anyones book. She is so right when she says you are not a complainer but someome filled with compassion and living with this illness with dignity and living life to the fullest. You are always there for new people on the forum or us old ones. I hope you have a wonderful 35th anniversary that in itself is a great accomplishment and a inspiration to many of us. I hope your trip to the Grand canyon will be one of your wildest dreams come true and unforgettable and I'm sure there will be a hotel that will be wheelchair accessible. Al remember what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas so go for the gusto. Lee is so lucky to have found a man like you. Congratulations again on your special day!
Kim
ALS About Loving Someone

Al - Happy anniversary early....wow, 35 years! You are an inspiration to us young ones! Las Vegas is great, I'm sure you'll have a blast. The Aladdin Hotel is monstrous...well, they all are! It's not where we stayed this past April but we walked through it. One place to check out, if you are into motorcycles at all, is the Harley Davison restaurant. I think it's just a block or two from the Aladdin and there food is incredible. Also, they have tons of Harley stuff. The Grand Canyon will also be inspirational to you I'm sure. Melissa

Dear Al,
Oh my goodness your grandaughter is beautiful and so sweet thank you for posting her picture I just stared and stared at her and remembered when mine were that young and how precious they are. You are one lucky grampa she just made me smile. It was also nice to see a picture of Elaine and also of you when you were younger, what a dashing young man you were and of course still are! Thank you again for the pictures and have a great holiday and anniversary.
Kim
ALS About Loving Someone

Thanks Al, you would have to post the one with my eyes closed.
The other picture was better.Hey guys did you happen to see my hand was also on his leg. Wow!. Al mentioned it to me at the ALS meeting we had tonight.I couldn't wait to see it. Now that I have seen it Al , all I can say is WOW!
Your face looks awful red,were you blushing or had one too too many? Ha, Ha.
Stay strong everyone.

I was blushing of course being the shy young fellow that I am. I thought Elaine that your eyes were open. Just a little glare from the glasses makes it look like you were inebriated and asleep.

Thanks for sharing Al (and Elaine for being a good sport). It so great to put faces with names.

I had a good laugh Al about you saying that you're shy. Thanks , I needed that . ( :lol:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back