Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
DC
City
DC
I am a frontline healthcare worker and received dose 1 of the Moderna vaccine 1/6 and dose 2 2/3. I’ve been having random twitching throughout my body ever since. I did follow up with my provider after the first dose who said to drink water and wasn’t really concerned. I had an appointment with a neurologist as my PCP's answer was not sufficient enough and the twitches continue and completed labs (CK, total+isoenzymes, Calcitriol, and magnesium) all of which were in normal ranges. I have noticed some tingling now and progressive weakness. I am starting to drop things and don't feel as strong as I use to. I have an EMG, EEG, and nerve conduction study scheduled in 2 weeks.

Is it possible to develop ALS after a vaccine? Especially this rapidly?

I do not believe there is evidence of an association. Covid itself has sometimes led to twitching and weakness after but no reports of ALS that I have seen though with the sheer numbers it must have happened by coincidence.

There were a very few people during the vaccine trials ( though not moderna that I know of) who developed neuro diseases ( MS and transverse myletisis I think) but it was decided to be coincidence

let us know what the tests show

Injections in themselves can cause funny things, sort of like pseudo nerve damage that can radiate, even if well-tolerated in the past. Stay hydrated, eat well, get your sleep, and I would try some stretching, followed by a hot shower, before you go to bed. There is no reason to think of ALS.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back