Reason
Loved one DX
Country
Uni
State
Alabama
City
Mobile
This is a shame. ALS cannot get the attention it needs unless it is Cancer or Aids:
My heart goes out to all people with teribble disases, but it is sad to say that there is not enough being done for "ALS", please read this article written by an ALS patient in 2003. I think he has since passed. I cannot contact him.

PALS and CALS cannot just sit back and take this disease without a good fight.

http://www.rideforlife.com/archives/000412.html

We have to Harrass our Politicians and (President/Veto King) -(lol) to get Action. If you don't know how, just PM me.

Lorie-Taking on a good "Fight" for all!

AGAIN, HERE IS MY PETITION TO SUPPORT THE APPROPRIATE S.5 STEM CELL RESEARCH ENHANCEMENT ACT. FOR THOSE WHOM HAVE NOT SEEN OR READ OR SIGNED IT.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/helpfightalspetition/index.html

If you click on signatures on the Petition, you can read comments posted by people.
I am the only person who has access to your information. Please do not sign as annonomys.

IF YOU AGREE, PLEASE HELP ME, HELP YOU!
LOVE, ALWAYS-LORIE MANY THANKS TO ALL THAT HAVE SIGNED IT!:-D

Go Lorie, Go Lorie!

We've already signed and I hope more will do so...

Hey Lorie- you are always working for the cause! Keep it up. Cindy

I would like to say Thank You!

I would like to say Thank You to those of you that have signed my Petition since last night. I am pleased about the amount of new signatures. When I read the comments, my heart breaks. Please continue to pass it along. E-Mail to Family, Friends if they agree with this Act that could save many,many lives.

Her are a few comments on my Petition, from the impact ALS has/had on their Lives:

To the Mother that lost her Son to ALS at 38 years old. My Heart goes out to you. We will not let your sons death be in vain.

To the Father with ALS that wants to see 7 year old his son graduate from college. I want to help make that happen. I hear you, your voice. And so will others.

KNOW ONE KNOWS UNTIL THEY HAVE BEEN WHERE WE ARE AND MANY OTHERS HAVE BEEN.

I never, never thought that Timothy or others could have been diagnosed with a disease so cruel. I know we are human, we all are going to die. I long have accepted that. But, the suffering and trappness of this disease is not acceptable. This country has the resources to do something about it. So do we! Our Voice!

Lorie:-D

Dear Lorie Get a clue . Your like all the other people wanting money . Do you realize the patient is the one that has enormous Medical Bills ,and now you want a donation . You must think people who have diseases have deep pockets as well ,but yet you claim to want our opinion ,oh and then the money. Heres a novel answer . Ask the wealthy people like Doctors or how about Politicians . By the time a patient is done and dead his or her spouse is lucky to have a roof over his or her head . little alone give money. Geo

Geo,
I think you are probably confused. I do not believe she wants money. If you were prompted to donate money, it made it clear that this was the "petition company" that was getting the money. It is unfortunate, but I think people have been bombarded by so many scams that people now don't realize a good cause when they see it. It doesn't mean that good causes are out there. Plus, dealing with this terrible disease makes me wish for you that you had the additional support, financially and otherwise. Hopefully someone like Lori will be able to spark a change that can do this for you. You deserve it.

Lori, I admire you for what you are doing. You are trying to make a difference in the world. The only way that a difference will ever be made in this world is if people like you make the effort. Thank you and don't give up.

Excuse Me, GEO!

Excuse Me, GEO! I do think you have the wrong impression. I do not ask for money from any body. After the Petition is signed, the petition co request a donation. But it is not obligated. Nor will it be. I do not appreciat your assumption.

YES, I KNOW WHAT THE MEDICAL BILLS ARE FOR PEOPLE WITH ALS. I TAKE CARE OF MY BROTHER AND HIS FINANCES AND BILLS. SO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT! I DON'T EVEN TAKE A PENNY FROM HIM, EVEN REACHING INTO MY OWN POCKETS THAT ARE NOT THAT DEEP!

BUT, I WILL SAY THIS, I AM WORKING ON A NON- PRIOFIT ORAGANIZATION TO HELP PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND MY BROTHER AND OTHERS, I WILL MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT REQUSTED TO DONATE. I WOULD NOT EVEN TRY TO GET DONATIONS FROM THIS FORUM!
I WILL DEFINETLY GO FOR THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE DEEP POCKETS.

YOU OBVIOUSLY ARE NOT VERY FAMILIAR WITH THIS FORUM. THE REGULAR PEOPLE ON HERE KNOW I AM NOT LIKE THAT.

YOU HAVE OFFENDED ME NOW. YOU SHOULD HAVE PM'D ME BEFORE YOU ASSUMED . WE KNOW WHAT THAT DOES.

GET A CLUE! Lorie:?

THANK YOU MIDNIGHT, ATLEAST YOU GOT THE PICTURE. I BUST MY ___ FOR ALS!

We apperciate all you do, Lorie. George, I suspect that, like many PALS, you are having a bit of frustration with your doctors and your DX and maybe a few other things right now. Understandable. I'd be mad as h**ll myself. But don't take it out of Lorie, OK? She's one of the good guys! :-D

It was a bit confusing. When I clicked to submit my signature, it immediately switched to a screen asking for "donations" via PayPals but $0 was not one of the options. I just closed that screen and later did recieve email confirmation that my signature was recieved. It looks like you have to pay but you really don't.

Sorry but ive been squated on so much i dont trust anyone . As Long as the others are behind you so am i
Sorry Again and hope you do good Geo

Appology Accepted

Geo, Appology Accepted! We need to Stand Together To Fight ALS. Its Very Obvious Ther Is Not Enough Being Done. as I Say, ALS Is In A Shadow And Needs To Come Out.

With Our Voices And Hard Efforts We Can Get The Attention/Treatment/Cure AlS Needs.

I Am Committed To All With ALS! That Will Never Change.

Lorie:-D

Geo

George...how awesome of you to have been open enough and kind enough to come back to this and to take the time to reply in a post. I admire you for that. It says a lot about you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back