Alphagories- a word game

Status
Not open for further replies.
K - knitted koala! Truly, in the post one day, some years ago a knitted koala arrived to me made by our fantabulous past CALS Barbie.
He lives here perched on top of a bookshelf and some of my vinyl collection.
IMG_4481.jpg

I’m really thinking long and hard for each of these letters this time but having a hard time thinking of an answer!
I’m also finding this category especially challenging. The cars and screen stars categories seemed much easier!

L- Landscaping tools. I was into it, and my spouse would give me tools as presents.

Also lavender honey. We visited Pelindaba Lavender farm on San Juan Island in Washington state and picked up a jar.

M - Money is always a good fall back 🤑

N- notecards. Given so we could immediately write our thank you letters 😀

Pony toy- announced on Christmas Eve requested by my sister to Santa sending my father out to search desperately ( and successfully) for one

Pony toy- announced on Christmas Eve requested by my sister to Santa sending my father out to search desperately ( and successfully) for one
And what if they had gotten you a real pony...

R- Reed making supplies, back when I was a prolific maker of bassoon reeds. If people wanted to know what they could get me as presents, I would hand them various catalogs for ordering reed cane. From there, it would take several stages and many hours to create a finished playable bassoon reed. Brightly colored threads and embroidery floss were always a favorite for wrapping the base of the reeds. Esoteric, yes, but I could spend many happy hours in my “cave” creating the sound-generating devices that make double reed instruments such as the bassoon and the oboe so unique.

The photo here is of reeds “growing” in my garden.

Attachments

• 7C6309D4-5745-4027-9351-9684A033C397.jpeg
    7C6309D4-5745-4027-9351-9684A033C397.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 101
Mulligans - my older daughter won a pony in a colouring in competition as a child ☺ She was such an incredible joy for years!
M - Moreton Bay Fig was my engagement ring from Chris as they are my most favourite tree in the world. His ashes are now underneath it.

T - Tea Towel (with a koala illustration on it). My younger daughter visited last week and brought me a gorgeous tea towel with the most stunning koala drawing on it.

IMG_4482.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back