Alphagories- a word game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just harking back to the vegemite ad I posted a few pages back.
To this day, it has sparked a saying I think every aussie uses. I was reminded because my mother just said it in an email today.
When something goes wrong we say "Not a happy little vegemite". I know we can all laugh when it is said as we had so many years of hearing that jingle ...

Just harking back to the vegemite ad I posted a few pages back.
To this day, it has sparked a saying I think every aussie uses. I was reminded because my mother just said it in an email today.
When something goes wrong we say "Not a happy little vegemite". I know we can all laugh when it is said as we had so many years of hearing that jingle ...
The little Vegemite song was going through my head this morning. 🤣

P- Performing (music)

It used to be my absolute favorite thing before ALS. I enjoyed decades of playing in symphony orchestras and chamber music groups with bassoon, baroque bassoon, and recorder. It’s a joy to collaborate with other musicians, to work on a piece of music, and then to share it with others.

Karen, being in tune with a large (or small!) group is a wondrous feeling. I was never an accomplished enough musician (bass clarinet!!) but I sang in several choirs and played high level sports- which had the same feel in some ways. Collaboration with others on your level only seems to increase energy, even if you're already expending a huge amount. A total rush- and if you're really in sync, one can realize after the fact that you were completely outside of yourself/operating on patterns and instinct and feel more than conscious thought.

Q- Quiet time. Yep, back to that! While I do like to socialize, I enjoy solitude and quiet contemplation. It helps me recharge. Even better is quiet time some place outside where I can just sit and "be"- listening to the nature around me and smelling the ocean, trees, grass, flowers, etc.

T. Talking with friends, or texting, which I do more of lately.

U- Unpack. Whether it's suitcases after a trip, boxes when moving to a new house, receiving a parcel or getting a flatpack from Ikea. There is something very satisfying about getting everything sorted and squared away in its rightful place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back