Alphagories- a word game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeping with the childhood theme, how about foods that you hated as a kid?

A. Artichokes, the root kind that looks like ginger and tastes like dirt

Great topic. This may end up being a list of vegetables.

I’m waiting for someone else to play D because I have my all-time yukker waiting for E.

E- Eggplant. I dislike it even to this day.

G- Green eggs and ham 🤣🤣🤣

I- Icing. I found it too sweet. If I could, I would scrape or peel it off whatever I was eating and put it aside. If I was reminded of my manners and how rude it was to pick my food apart, I would eat it off first and save the cake/cupcake for last as a palate cleanser.

Tillie, I still can't eat eggs due to my mother's cooking. She'd boil the life out of any veggies, but couldn't seem to actually completely cook an egg- leaving it a runny mucous-y blob. She blamed wartime austerity and powdered eggs for her inability to properly cook a real egg, but I don't know...

I- Icing. I found it too sweet.
Good pick. I was racking my brain trying to come up with something starting with I. All I could think of was ice cream, but no one would believe that (I enjoy ice cream like everyone else). I agree with you about icing though.

J- Junk food. A little goes a long way, but too much has the same effect as overly sweet icing.

K. Kelp

My mother used to think it was as good as potato chips. Imagine bringing seaweed to school for lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back