Alphagories- a word game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marie, can you tell us about this person? I'm not aware of this name.

A great writer from Eastern Europe who wrote about the absurdity of life in a jazzy manner. If you want to discover him I would suggest starting with “ the joke “

Kahil Gibran

"Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars."

Scott Peck.... "A Road Less Traveled" and "In Search of Stones."

Last edited:
Kahil Gibran

" Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation "

“When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.”

Kate, here's a Gibran quote some find hard to accept but with thought and
reflection it has become my favorite.....

"Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of Life's
longing for itself. They came through you but not from you and though they are
with you yet they belong not to you."

Let's get back to the letter game but before we do I'd like to recommend one thing
for those who may be anxious, depressed, sad or just lost. Again just a suggestion...

A Course in Miracles (also referred to as ACIM or the Course) is a 1976 book by Helen Schucman.

Back to the letter game. :)

T-Greta Thunberg
Teenage climate change activist from Sweden who protested at the White House and then condemned the UN leaders at the climate change summit

Henry David Thoreau

I hope Thoreau would be willing to eat something beyond nuts and berries. I have a feeling he was a bit of a minimalist.

mulligan
M - Max for me too! We could all have a day with him each singly, then end with a big get together!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back