Country
uk
State
z
City
newcastle
I think im giving up.

zaff,

That sounds a little scary.....you have mentioned in previous posts about being suicidal...please talk to us we are here for you.

Don't give up zaff. It's bad but not that bad. Talk with us.
AL.

Isnt it difficult when you explain to family that you getting new symptoms every month and feel weak,but then whn thy put it down to tht you not eating properly,or the doc thinks youll b fine its only deppression,its hard to mke anybody beleive tht im not feeling well.so slowly im giving up.wotever iv got is hard enuff,but worse to try n convince loved ones.

Is that why you came here ? to give up ? I think not . Are you a give up person ? You came here because you were looking for answers . People who are looking dont give up . People who love you dont deserve that from you . Your Loved ones dont understand what you have . So slap them in the face by doing something that will hurt them RIGHT ? TALK TO ME ! Explain Why what your thinking of doing is right . Because its not . Be tough and be strong . Geo

Cnt be tough or strong,i feel weak my symptoms have took over,and im even afraid to eat bcoz my bowels,i describe my bowels as aereflexic bowel,i can sit on toilet for 2-4 hours and dont get bowel movement thn suddenly when im in my room,i get urge but hard to hold bowels,its only a matter of time now,.:cry:

Don't give up!

One of the worst things to handle when you feel so sick is not being able to convey that to family and friends in a way that they can understand. This is just one of the those times when you have to accept you know for yourself you are doing the best that you can. "Showing them" will not make things right. Taking your own life is taking away Heavenly Father's plans for you. You do not know how He might be able to bless members of your family through you. Trust Him to know that He has you in His tender care. Please, please, don't give up. We'll pray for you.

Elaine

zaff,

Alot of us here are going through the same thing, I also did read that your diagnosed in some cases does progress to your upper body. Anxiety and depression can make everything 10x's worst. It is very hard being sick, but the people on this forum are here for you. You are in my prayers.

Zaff,

I can understand how awful it must feel when loved ones and doctor's don't believe what you're feeling, but this is not a reason to give up .... this is actually a reason to get stronger and find yourself someone who will listen!

Get a second opinion. Spend your day calling around looking for a new doctor. Spend your time thinking about how you're going to help yourself and then turn to everyone and tell them "I told you so".

Be strong my friend. You are not alone!

Zaff we are here for you!

Prayer and faith can help us welcome God’s healing power. It is natural to be frightened when we become ill. We feel vulnerable. We worry; we want to know that everything will turn out all right. We sometimes feel alone even when loved ones are by our side. The illness lies within us, and no one else knows exactly how we feel. Prayer has the power to transform our fear into faith. It reminds us that we are never alone. Everything we are, body and soul, is in the hand of God, whose presence fills the universe and who is as close to us as our own breath. No matter what this unpredictable world sends our way, with God by our side we can find the strength to confront our fears. So pray and welcome God’s healing power.

May God heal your body and soul.
May your pain cease,
May your strength increase,
May your fears be released,
May blessings, love, and joy surround you.
Amen.

Thank u all for replying.but im not as strong and tough as you all,i admire all of you who have been diagnosed and going strong in ur heart,just wish i was as strong as everybody on here.:(thnx.:(

Hang on, talk with us.. We have all fealt what you feel, connect with one of us. We will help you through this, you are not alone, you got us involved now, and we care, we want to know that you are going to fight, and stay strong. We all can understand the fear and frustration, but you must remember "THIS TO SHALL PASS", and you will feel better stronger, and able to face this with strength. PM any of us, all of us.. Dont feel alone, you have a bunch of people standing and sitting and lying and those with canes you can hit you with them behind you.. I am kidding... We care....

zaff, just read your posts for the first time, and I am speechless, but praying like crazy for you, dear! Whatever support you are not getting from family, and close friends.........believe me, you will be getting it from us. I am out of words, except to say that you are in my prayers, so is your family! God bless!

Irma

zaff

we all understand and are here to support you anyway we can.
firstly, people don't know on here but i am not the happy person i try to appear to be.
i have suffered from manic depression ( periods of inapropriate euphoria followed by clinical depression)since my late teens,this is a family curse on my mums side,she too has had it since her teens. in my teens and early twentys i have tried to take my life on a number of occasions during bad episodes.i was brought up a christian and know it is wrong but i had lost my faith during this time but glad to say i now have it back.
i know how you feel. there is a deep dark pit you can't seem to get out of or feel there is no way out,it appears hopeless. but there is a tiny flicker of light there you just need to look hard for it, it could be a thought of a loved one, for me it was my son or anything that is important to you in your life. you need to concentrate on that flicker and make it brighter till it illuminates your thoughts. i know it sounds easier said than done, but try it.
also see your doctor, if the one you have is not sympathetic get another,i can't remember if you said your still taking antidepressants if not they may help, if you are then there are not working,you need to up the dose or change them.
in sp/hsp/pls you can have bladder problems but never heard of bowels being effected.
from what you describe,the alternation between constipation and loose bowels does sound like irritable bowel syndrome, your doctor can help with this but you need to look at your diet as too much monosodium glutamate in foods or wheat can be the culprit.
when you go to your next appointment take a relative with you so they can be informed about your illness. print info for family to look at on sp/hsp so they can try to understand your illness better. if you want info to print i can give you some reliable sites.
we can work through this with you to help. i know i had a moan the other day as i have been a bit depressed but in a reply i got geo said "now you know what i go through" this gave me a jump start and i thought "get over yourself women" lol.
finally on a lighter note you can't tell me your not strong/hard enough. i know you geordie lads well. in my early twentys i used to work in a pub in my town. on saturdays we would get coach loads of you geordie lads," wehey man, yeh canna put yeh drink away".(sorry about the poor impersination). hard as nails you lot,seen many fights.
when you feel bad just tell us and together we will help you climb out of that black pit.
god bless
caroline:-D

hi zaff

Didnt you say you were diagnosed with spastic paraplegia? I have the same diagnoses,I Dont understand ya family not supporting you,you cant fake a diagnoses,I will pray that they come around ,its hard enough when we are in denial ourselves,much less others being there.......e-mail me if you ever wanna talk,i probably experience alot of the same symptoms etc........{{{{{{big hugs}}}}}}}} Michelle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back