11/2016
Country
US
State
VA
City
Woodbridge
Hello Everybody,

My dad has bulbar onset ALS. He doesn't speak and only eats pureed food (refuses a feeding tube). He chokes regularly.

He still walks - started to have problems with his left leg; fell once.

Recently, he's been complaining about an almost constant pain somewhere in his stomach - he says it's a hernia pain, and feels like his intestins are not where they need to be?

Would anybody have any suggestions on what this could be or what type of a doctor we should take him to to see what's going on?

You should take him to a gastro. They may want a CT Scan and they certainly will feel around his abdomen to see what areas are tender. I have a lot of junk with my stomach including a hiatal hernia, acid reflux, and stomach polyps (from taking Aciphex for 20 years.)

Take a list of the food he is eating. When I eat certain food, it irritates my stomach. I can't tolerate NSAI meds. Even one Advil hurts my stomach.

Thank you, Kim, I appreciate your reply! I had the feeling that's the doctor he should see... He's had stomach ulcers for years, but he's confident it's not that... but a gastro will be a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back