• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here

Allen Lake is in heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy he is at peace now--but I must admit I'm sad for those left behind--including his family here. I still can't think of him, Richard or Al without crying. I'll miss them all so much.

All I can say is that Im saddened by this news, I've only been here for a short time. My first encounter with Allen didnt go so well...but we worked it out and he turned out to be an inspiration and someone I greatly admired. I learned a great deal from him....and still am learning from him in the over 2,000 posts that he has posted. RIP Allen!

Allens bark was worse than his bite (told him so)or that should be he was all bark and no bite.
He practiced tough love because he cared and earned a lot of admiration even from those he barked at.
Boy has he had me in shock,laughter and tears at some of his replies.
I asked him a few weeks back if he could would he be a modorator...........he replied no because i would have to hold back in his replies and not say what he wanted..........i love and miss you allen.

Allen was a true Compass, his communication through this forum guided my husband and I through the very early stages of diagnosis and we will always be grateful for it. I am so sorry for your loss. He will be dearly missed. Sincerely, Melissa and Rob Irvine aka: glimmer

I can't believe it, Allen gone. I am so sorry Robbin for your loss. May he rest now in total peace. A straight shooter, he gave so much. Just can't take it in.

To Robin and Family,

i want to thank you for allowing us into your lives. As you well know, Allen was revered by all. His unfathomable depths of knowledge, his charm and wit were among his many attributes. My heartfelt sympathies to you all.

Allen,

I'm going to miss you most of all. You are my scarecrow. You rescued me from the gates of HELL. If it had not been for you and our Tea ladies, only the Good LORD knows where I might be today. You guided me gently, like a parent does teaching their child to.ride a bicycle without training wheels. You knew when to let go, even though I didn't think I was ready. I will forever be indebted to you. Please save a seat for me. Forever in my heart you will be.

With All My Love to You Forever,

Kimberly

Robin and family - Although relatively new to this forum, I was devastated to hear of Allen's passing. His intelligent and insightful posts were always right on. Such determination--continuing to think of and help others when his time was so short.

This has been a terrible few weeks for members of this forum--losing three remarkable individuals. Our losses are miniscule in comparision to what the families are enduring. R. I. P.

Old Dog

Dear Robin~~~ I am so sorry to learn of your news. Allen (trfogey) would pm me with information. I always understood that his answers were full of clarity and intelligence.

His entering the church triumphant on June 1, 2012 is parallel with such different news that happened in our family on that date. My son's fiance gave birth on that day causing me to experience my first grandchild.

It is my prayer that HE will surround you with peace and strength. Please God, channel your love of those around Robin so that she may know that she is never alone.

Thank you Lord for answering our prayers for strength, peace and wisdom.
G.

Rest in peace Allen. I miss you around here.

I am so sad to hear of Allen passing..............................ALS Stinks................................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back