• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here

Allen Lake is in heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so heartbroken.
Robin, Allen was such an amazing man. Whenever I had a question my husband would say, ask Allen. He will always have a place in my heart.

Rest in peace Tr.
Thank you for always saying it like it was.

You didn't mince words, and you earned enormous respect because of it.

Casey

Allen is being cared for at Brown-Wynne Funeral Home, 200 S.E. Maynard Road, Cary, NC, 27511. Visitation will be Monday, June 4, from 6pm to 8pm. The funeral will be will be Tuesday, June 5, at 11AM. Burial will follow at Wake Memorial Park, 7002 Green Hope School Road, Cary, NC, 27519.

Please keep us in your prayers. Allen loved many of you. I am grateful for your love, kindness, and support. I am also grateful for those of you who got him riled up and posting frequently. He spoke so highly of so many of you. Thank you all.

Tea time, and the forums won't be the same without his wit, but he had a heart of gold, and kept us on our toes. Hugs to you Robin, and comfort knowing jhe was loved by so many.

I am so very sorry for your loss.

I know Allen could stir-up the pot, but to me he was like the Wizard of Oz- frightened some who came to him for help because of what he said & how he said it.
But behind the curtain was a kind & gentle man who was just trying to do his best to help people.

As a CALS, one of his responses was a "lightbulb" moment for me. It was to a CALS about her PALS. He said, " ... he needs love, not lectures, support, not guidance, a helping hand, not a steering wheel."
I have quoted it to many CALS; I have it written down on a paper that is in my nightstand; it has given me such clarity & understanding from a PALS point of view.

Thank you, Allen!

Robin

I am so very, very sorry to hear of your dreadful loss; Allen's "Some advice to questioners from An answerer" was one of the rocks that my family clung to during a very difficult time when it seemed we would be swept away by a tide of despair.

His wit, wisdom and compassion, coupled with the ability to spot bs at a hundred paces, was an inspiration and will continue to be so as long as the forum endures...

so very sorry 4 another loss, your loss, loss 4 forum, it is so shocking... take care! I hate it! Lots of candles burning right now...

He'll be God's Assistant and keep everyone in line up there. And I'm sure he and Al are together. God's comfort to you and ypurs and us all. We miss him so much.

Robin I am so sorry. Allen was a wonderful man and will remain in our hearts forever! I will miss him so much. Praying for Peace and Comfort to you and all who loved him. See ya buddy, say hi to all our friends waiting for us. {{HUGS}}

Robin, I am very sorry to hear this. You and your family have my prayers. You are correct, Allen and Al are definitely in Heaven together and their spirit will also live on in out forum family.

To say I will miss reading and learning from "Trfogey" is an understatment. Thanks for all you did for so many people on this forum Allen.

God Bless the Lake family.

Ted

How I will miss him!

Allen was such a voice of reason on this forum.

Thank you, Robin, for all you did for Allen during his battle with ALS.

I am so sorry for your loss Robin, and ours. Allen was so kind. My heart is broken, we have loss so many this year.
praying for you and your family.

Amen my Dear friend Olly. You,as always hit the nail on the head.. I am counting on you to hold me up... I am just devastated.. I am sure somewhere ALS awareness and information will continue.. We must carry on for our dear friends.. I am glad we have each other, they would want us to stick together...

Funny how I left the forum last night... only to find out about our Allen.
I dont have words. Devistation doesnt cover it.... nothing will ever be the same. Period.

Robin- I hope Allen remembered to thank you for the card the two of you sent when my Ray passed. I told him to tell you... It meant the world to me, as I didnt receive many cards at all. Im in shock, and Im just so sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back