Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
NC
City
Raleigh
Last night at 10:30pm, Allen died. He became very short of breath and went quickly. Please keep us all in your prayers. I will post again when I can give you info about his service. I believe he and Al are together in heaven. I did not intend to mislead you all with my post yesterday. He was dictating while I typed. He had told me that he knew his time was short but we never believed it would happen so fast.

Robin,
I am so sorry! You and your family are in my prayers. Allen was so kind when I joined this forum.. He will be greatly missed... What a week! I'm stunned!

Jen

RIP, Allen! Prayers to his family! I totally agree......it does happen too fast at the end. When you watch them take their last, it happens at the blink of an eye.

Irma

He was a rudder for me. As a caregiver I feel heartsick and a tremendous sense of loss.

Robin,
I am so sorry for your loss. You and the family are in my thoughts.

Allen,
Thank you for being here when I needed you. I will be forever grateful. RIP Allen, RIP.

Oh No. I'm so sorry for your loss, Robin. I can't imagine how you're feeling right now. I hope he is up there with AL and Richard, Joel and all the rest!

I can almost see him telling me not to be too nice to the DIH crowd again. It's just so much loss in such a short time. We all know you didn't mean to mislead anyone.

My prayers are with you. Please keep in touch if you'd like. Allen had a huge family here that loved him deeply. This just makes me sick to hear.

Robin I am so sorry. We loved Allen and his pithy wit and his kindness to all of us. Things will just never be the same without him. Love to you.
Laurel

This is an example of the spontaneous thoughtfulness of Allen. Less than two weeks ago he sent me this message--imagine doing that in the midst of all that was going on in his life. He was just so good through and through.

Hi, Laurel.

Every time I see a post from you, I see your signature and I wonder "Has anyone told Laurel today that she does matter?" I'm making sure that this day's answer to that question is yes.

You matter to me.

All the best to you and your husband,

Allen

Robin, so sorry for ypur loss. prayers to you and the family.

May 22 -Allen Lake -I'm all right, Ami. It's been a busy week around here.

Allen sent me this via FB. He knew how much I worried about him. What a thoughtful, intelligent, and dignified person. I will miss my friend Allen so much. I have no one to correct my horrible grammer, fuss at me in a fatherly way, get silly questions answered, and teach me about Christianity anymore :( BUT I am crying many happy tears for the new legs arms and everything else he got when he got to Heaven to hang out with AL. Prayers for your loved ones left behind Allen may they find comfort in their memories and be lifted up in prayer.
Ami

I am so sorry for your loss. Terrible , terrible news. I came here about a year ago as a "dih" and there popped up tr, every time with his wisdom, always trying to set us straight. He was a incredible help to everyone. I am praying for your friends and family with tears. He was truly a inspiration. Rip Allan.

I'm absolutely devastated beyond words...

Robin, thank you for sharing this sad news with us. Allen will be greatly missed by his forum family. I'm so sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family

Such a terrible loss! RIP Allen. Heartfelt condolences to the family.

So sorry for your loss, galpalblue. My heart goes out to you and your family as well as all the family/friends Allen had here on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back