Reason
Friend was DX
Country
US
State
ct
City
middletown
so sorry for your loss I will truly miss Allen .even though we had out a few times I learned a lot from him he will be in my thoughts always

fitzroy

Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
AU
State
VIC
City
Mel
Robin, I know there isn't anything I can say to ease your grief. Allen helped me behind the scenes in several small, but profound ways in my short time here. What a kind and generous soul. I will miss him.

rachelg

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
05/2009
Country
UK
State
Somerset
City
Yeovil
I am so very sorry for your loss. Allen will be missed here so much.

RIP Allen

Poet Chistopher Robin

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
06/2011
Country
UK
State
Tyne and Wear
City
Newcastle upon Tyne
The sorrow behind your smile
Will last but a short brief while
Friends and family spur you on
With time a smile you’ll compile

God bless all the family

SueG

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
09/2010
Country
US
State
ME
City
central
Robin, I posted on the other thread yesterday, found this one finally. Devastated.
Deep condolence to all family, and to the many forum friends who loved Allen, our trfogey.
Seems hard to go on.
Love
Sue

notme

Extremely helpful member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Fl
City
Orlando
If anyone else deserves a sticky at the top--it would be Joel, AL, Richard and Allen. I know they are all up there running. We miss you!

Alyoop

Very helpful member
Reason
DX UMND/PLS
Country
NZ
State
NZ
City
NZ
Allen, thank you for your love and support. You held me up when I was down, you shook sense into me when I needed it. You saved me so often, picked up my broken pieces. This forum will never be the same without you. I just got home and thought you would be back with us, and now you are gone.

Robyn, that man loved you so much. You was his rock. Love to you.

tammyg

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
md
City
baltimore
Wow, I am so, so sorry about this. Such a wonderful man. We will truly miss him here. Prayers to you and your family. He had a lot of friends here and don't forget you do too. Prayers for you guys.

dldred

Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
03/2009
Country
US
State
NY
City
Chateaugay
I am so sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dana

tdamess

Very helpful member
Reason
Loved one DX
Diagnosis
07/2009
Country
US
State
ma.
City
halifax
will be sadley missed , sorry for your family's loss

SixthKid

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
02/2011
Country
US
State
NH
City
Nashua
Robin & family~I am truly sorry for your loss. Thoughts & prayers to you and your family.

Allen was definately a straight shooter, ask a question & you will be sure to get the answer from Allen. Might not like the response as many don't especially in the "Do I Have" section :shock: but hey they will get over it. I always respected Allen & his straight forward responses even when he commented on one of my posts in a manner I at first didn't like. After I thought about it I saw his point of view. Always wanted to pm him and never took the time which is really sad on my part~sorry Trfogey!
I will miss all his witty comments!

>>>>HUGS<<<< to all!

Judith Ann

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
11/2011
Country
US
State
AR
City
Wickes
RIP Allen! Prayers for your family! Too...Too many loses from this monster! Please someone find a cure!

Judy

Bliz

Distinguished member
Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
EU
State
CZ
City
Prague
Altought we had few fights, I did express my admiration for him and I will terribly miss his wit, logic and willingness to help. I would never think I will miss people that I never met, but I do. Rest in peace, TrFogey..without you and Al, this forum will never be the same.

ruthiep

Distinguished member
Reason
Loved one DX
Diagnosis
01/2011
Country
US
State
AL
City
Enterprise
Thoughts and prayers to Allen's family. His wit, quicksilver tongue and overall presence on this forum will be greatly missed.

Ruth

fitzroy

Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
AU
State
VIC
City
Mel
I just went back into the thread and read the obit. I had no idea he was so young, and so beautiful in those pictures. The way he wrote in the forum and in our PMs, I always thought of him as a mentor.

We are only three or four years apart. I guess age doesn't matter in these things. But still, it strikes home and makes me realise how much we are peers. I am of no doubt that he and I would have been good friends if we'd ever met in real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.