• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here

Allen Lake is in heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robin, I am so sorry for your loss. Allen expended much effort for this community and he will be sorely missed.

He told me once that every PALS deserved to be acknowledged for fighting the fight, regardless of what their personal choices were in managing progression, and what steps they took, or did not take to prolong their life. He hated that anyone could slip away unnoticed.

Rest in Peace Allen, you fought the fight and stayed the course.

Words cannot convey the sorrow I feel now. Robin, I'm terribly sorry for your loss. Allen was always reaching out to others to give his support. I have to believe there is a special place in heaven for all pALS and I know he is now on the "peaceful shore" with the rest of the brave souls that have traveled this road. Robin, stay strong. You are in my prayers.

Oh Robin. So sorry. I will never forget his friendship. May even have to cheer for Duke, just for him. Hugs. Lori

I am so very sorry! Godspeed Allen. He was a rock on the forum and will be missed. I most appreciated his advice he offered to people to maintain the use of the computer to keep people engaged. He was always a wealth of knowledge on a variety of topics, and used that to help countless people. Allen... Thanks and well done!

Robin and family, my deepest sympathies! I pray God provides an overabundance of His peace and grace for you.

Robin, I am so very sorry for your loss. I will miss Allen so so so so much.

Robin, I am so very sorry. You and your family are in my prayers. My heart is just broken. Allen also emailed me a couple of weeks ago and we were able to talk. I am thankful for that. He will always have a place in my heart. Allen was a true honest loving man.

Robin and family, you have my deepest sympathy. Allen was a one of a kind man. He will be missed very much.
Linda

Robin, I'm so sorry for your deep loss. Allen was a good, decent human being. The forum will never be the same without him. Sending you warm thoughts, strength and peace. Yasmin

Robin and family, I am so so sorry to learn this news. I always looked for Allen's response to posts on the forum. His informative advice and sometimes humorous "take" on things will be sorely missed. Please accept my condolences. RIP Allen.

Robin, I pray the Lord's comfort over you. So sorry for your great loss. Allen's presence here will certainly be missed. Yet I know in our hearts he will remain.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. He will be hugely missed here. I will miss his wit, his common sense approach, his kindness, his humour. Thank you Allen and God bless you. You have risen above this disease, soar with the eagles.

Wow, this is just too much...what a terrible run we have had the last few months. We will all miss him so much here at the forum. I am so sorry to Robin and family for your loss. Peace to you--

Robin,

No words can describe the sense of loss the I feel hearing of Allen's death. Very simply said, he was my kind of guy! He cut to the chase. He minced no words. I looked forward to reading his posts and getting his opinion on things. He will be missed by so many who never met him in person. I cannot imagine how those who shared his life will miss him. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

My deepest condolances to you robin and you family.

I have had a really unsettled feeling the past few days,allen has been on my mind so much......this news is just devestating.
Allen was my type of guy......no nonsense ,straight to the point with a heart of gold and told him so a few weeks ago.
When we first met we had a few spats but i pestered him to kiss and make up.
Over the past months with my increasing decline in health and depression allen has been there for me sending me pm's to check i was ok.
In one he said i too matter to him and he missed me..........had a big grin on my face all day,told him that pm meant more than anything.
Richards death hit us both hard,i was upset because i never got to reply to a kind post he sent.
I told allen how important it was to let friends and loved ones know how much you care about them.........i am so thankfull i got to tell allen.

MR T i will miss you so much and i promise i will try to do my best to keep the gremlins at bay in the "do i have als" forum,you never got to see my new avatar and all the others i found for you.
Rest in peace dear friend (((hugs))) from a broken heart.

TrFogey (Allen) will be missed. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back