Luke

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
Unspecified
City
Unspecified
All things considered, it could be worse, but I'm stressing out. I lost my job. I have been here nine years and now have 60 days to figure out what to do next. My position was eliminated, but there's another very similar one posted so I will be going for that. This normally wouldn't seem so bad for me, but it is bad timing. I've got this neuromuscular thing to contend with and I feel like I'm finally about to make some big progress in getting a diagnosis, so these health benefits are super important right now! I've got the muscle biopsy consult on Monday and a sleep study later this month. Going to try and get as much accomplished health-wise while I know I have health coverage. I may not quite feel like myself nor have the energy I wish I did, but I'm going to walk into that interview room and pour my heart and soul into it, just like I've done every interview before. When the chips are down, I fight that much harder, but I admit this is more misfortune at one time than I'm used to handling. I'm trying to stay grounded, calm and just keep focusing on what I can do to impact my future. Thank goodness for my friends, my lovely fiance, and, quite honestly, this forum. I've come to find great support and hope here, even though we don't yet know if my journey is the same as yours. Thanks for reading. I'm not a negative guy so I hate to seem like a whiner, but it feels good to get this out in writing. Take care.

Luke-

Go for it! You will ace that interview. No doubt.

Cast the fears aside. We're all rooting for you.

You will do great on the interview Luke. You have a great attitude. We are all rooting you on like Elaine said. Kim

Good luck, Luke! Wishing you the best!

Jen

So sorry about your job Luke. Hope the interview goes really well. You are a compassionate guy, you deserve it.

It must be awful to have a health system that is dependent on you having a job. Sucks.

Thanks gang. Nice to hear some encouraging words. Ali, without getting too political, I'll just say yes - I agree. :)

We're all pulling for ya!

How'd the I televiewers go, Luke?

There can be some good with the healthcare in the US, But lots of bad.

We were told my daughter had to have 6 ER Visit worthy gall bladder attacks before it would be removed since she has no insurance.

Is there a way you can keep up the Cobra? New insurance won't cover anything pre-existing. Is there any chance at all that your old job was eliminated due to your health issues?

I find I'm turning into a conspiracy theorist. I had a decent cleaning gig that let me make ends meet til the guy saw the o2 tank. People will get rid of folks if they think they aren't healthy. Darn school I taught at did the same thing when I taught high school. With great evaluations, my contract wasn't renewed when I got hurt in a student fight.

Hi notme,

The position just posted on our internal job site so I'll be applying for it today and will likely have an interview within a day or two. My whole department (us six supervisors, 70-some frontline reps and a manager) has been eliminated as of 11/30, so it wasn't just me. The call center is converting to doing exclusively just inbound sales, and any frontline reps who want to become Sales reps get that option automatically without having to apply or interview. Supervisors and above must actually apply and interview for leadership positions in Sales, but I feel I have a strong chance. Since it would effectively be an internal transfer, I would retain my tenure, vacation banks and benefits. I'll let you all know how things unfold, this week.

Prayers for you today, Luke!

Thanks Jamie! I'm gonna put on my game face and throw every bit of energy I've got into it.

Good morning Luke,

Time for your game face!

Good luck today. We're cheering.

Well, I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go. The Sales manager who was to be in my interview is out sick today, so the interview will happen tomorrow. I woke up feeling the beginnings of a cold myself, so I'm hoping that doesn't get worse by tomorrow.

Luke, good luck tomorrow then! I think that cold is going through my house as well...

Good Luck tomorrow Luke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back