Diagnosis
01/2019
Country
US
State
WY
City
Cheyenne
My Bipap machine connects with the myAir app. It gave me a warning this morning that my nightly apnea episodes were up. They are running about 8-11 per night this month where in February they we’re about 5 and January about 3. The app told me to contact my provider but he’s one of two pulmonologists/ intensivists in our hospital and I know he’s super busy with the cases of Covid-19 in the area. I only use bipap at night. I have been waking up more than usual though. But do you think it’s ok to wait until things calm down with CV? My last PFTs showed 62% function. I’m not too educated on pulmonary tests. I have an appointment around the first of May with him. I don’t want to ignore something but I don’t want to be a pansy about things either. Ideas?

Probably ok to wait, though if there is a way to send messages and questions electronically, you might try that. I noticed my apnea index went way up once I started spending the whole night on my back as I can no longer roll around in bed. You might also experiment with raising the head of your bed a tad and/or increasing the backup rate very slightly.

Thanks Karen. I can’t roll very easily so I’ve been finding myself on my back more often. That might be it. I’ll email through electronic record so it’s there if he has time.

I can't roll over either. To stay on one side, I have a firm pillow stuffed behind my back to keep me there. Otherwise I roll back flat. It stops me from returning. I raise the head of the bed just a little, right now. If by yourself, use all the pillows /wedges available to make it work. Worth a try?. 🤗B

1585255915950.png

Definitely worth a try! ❤️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back