Diagnosis
01/2019
Country
US
State
WY
City
Cheyenne
My Bipap machine connects with the myAir app. It gave me a warning this morning that my nightly apnea episodes were up. They are running about 8-11 per night this month where in February they we’re about 5 and January about 3. The app told me to contact my provider but he’s one of two pulmonologists/ intensivists in our hospital and I know he’s super busy with the cases of Covid-19 in the area. I only use bipap at night. I have been waking up more than usual though. But do you think it’s ok to wait until things calm down with CV? My last PFTs showed 62% function. I’m not too educated on pulmonary tests. I have an appointment around the first of May with him. I don’t want to ignore something but I don’t want to be a pansy about things either. Ideas?

KarenNWendyn

Forum Supporter
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
US
State
OR
City
Southern Oregon
Probably ok to wait, though if there is a way to send messages and questions electronically, you might try that. I noticed my apnea index went way up once I started spending the whole night on my back as I can no longer roll around in bed. You might also experiment with raising the head of your bed a tad and/or increasing the backup rate very slightly.

Tkthiede

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
01/2019
Country
US
State
WY
City
Cheyenne
Thanks Karen. I can’t roll very easily so I’ve been finding myself on my back more often. That might be it. I’ll email through electronic record so it’s there if he has time.

beauty4everyone

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
04/2018
Country
US
State
GA
City
Someplace
I can't roll over either. To stay on one side, I have a firm pillow stuffed behind my back to keep me there. Otherwise I roll back flat. It stops me from returning. I raise the head of the bed just a little, right now. If by yourself, use all the pillows /wedges available to make it work. Worth a try?. 🤗B

1585255915950.png

Tkthiede

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
01/2019
Country
US
State
WY
City
Cheyenne