alarming new symptoms of something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
glaucoma

Ahoy me mateys! I don't mean to hijack this thread away from Wheeler, but Rose your comment about your surgery for closed angle glaucoma caught my attention. Last Friday I was at the eye doc for my 3 mo eye pressure check. I have been monitored for several years for narrow angle glaucoma and have been using xalatan eye drops nightly to control eye pressure. New development--my right eye pressure has dramatically increased and my ophalmologist is now talking about surgery to increase drainage. She put me on an additional med for that eye, and I'm to return in 3 mos for followup. I've also had regular field vision tests that show no vision loss. As much as I have been poked and prodded throughout the years with not much anxiety, nothing makes me more squeamish than the thought of eye surgery. So be honest and tell me what the surgery is like, please. My doc said it would last 5 or 10 minutes but that there would be some discomfort. I'm not sure if I could keep my body still for even 2 mins without sedation of some sort!:lol:

Lonna,

The iridotomy was the absolute easiest procedure I've been through for anything. You just sit in front of one of those machines (that has the chin rest) and look into it, the doctor sits on the other side of it and does the laser. At very worst there is a kind of pulling sensation, (for lack of better description) I was allowed to wear eye makeup for the procedure, and was able to drive myself home immediately after. I think it was a week (give or take, memory is good but short , LOL) before I could wear contacts, and there is an eye drop that has to go in the eyes for a period of time after. My eyes were done separately, and the first one, I could actually see the "dot" for a day or so afterward, it was at the 12 o'clock position of my iris. My other eye I never could even see where it was done.

Trust me, its a piece of cake. It isn't necessarily a one time surgery, because of the possibility of cataract formation, etc, but its been 4 or 5 years since I had it done, and its all good so far.

I had lost a little in my field of vision for lefty, and think that possibly some of the "migraines" I'd had were actually acute glaucoma attacks.

Let me know when you have it done, and, once again, its nothing at all to worry about. :)

Rose,

Did you forget to gloat about the Steelers win? Or did you do that in another thread? I'm a little disappointed...

-Tom

hey Tom-
maybe she's saving her energy for the SUPER BOWL victory!
-b

Never fear: She did a little cheering on another thread. :)

ooh, I must have missed it!
I'll be cheering too, I'll start up again this coming Sunday!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

GO CARDINALS:mrgreen:

I wish they would have never left St. Louis. A cardinal team belongs in St. Louis. See how long its taken them to get good again?

I was sorry to see the St. Louis Browns leave town! As a kid, I always rooted for them (second to the Indians, of course), because they were always in last place.

Ooooh, Beth, that was a very long time ago but surprisingly enough, there are still plenty of folks around that share your sentiment. Of course, they are also WW1 vets, too! In fact, some of them still think the Browns are in St. Louis.:)

yeah, it was a while ago ... :-D

Hey Zaphoon,

Took me a while to let go of the Rams but a few HORRIBLE years and I've done it. You can have 'em!

Kurt Warner's a Cardinal now so it's all kind of intertwined, isn't it? All these teams playing musical cities. There's apparently no loyalty of a team to their home city, so why should there be any loyalty of a city to whichever team happens to take up temporary residence?

Go whoever! LA's without a team so we can root for whoever is good at the time. :-D

-Tom

Tom, Oh yes, there was some cheering going on here! What makes it "interesting" at home, is that we have a major division of loyalty, somehow, the love of my life is a Patriots fan. So, its been quite a season all the way around this year!

I tell you, the way the game started out I thought we were in trouble, and San Diego played very well, so it was a good game... I agree about how if a team lacks loyalty to a city, that they aren't really owed loyalty in return. I've lived so many places, (grew up in Miami) but the Pittsburgh loyalty stated with me after I left Pittsburgh.

Locally its Giants/Jets territory, so listening to the radio Monday morning was all doom and gloom (but not for me YaY!). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back