Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
Ca
City
Santa Clarita
Hello, I am new to this forum, but I joined because we (his wife and I) want to get my patient an alarm system to be able to wake us up at night. We are having trouble finding one that is a good fit. He can use his right hand very little and can push his feet. He cannot talk as he has a tracheostomy. Unfortunately, we are running low on ideas and I was hoping someone on this forum might have a better idea. We tried the push button paging system from Smart Caregivers Corp. but the button was way to hard too push. Please, if anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it!

I hope all is well and everyone is enjoying the holiday season.
Thank you, Liz

I am sorry, this might not be helpful but we just had a baby monitor for my dad he could still make enough noise if he was having an issue to alert us. The baby part of the monitor was in his room and the 'walkie talkie' part was wherever my mom and I were so that we could help him. I know every person with ALS is different so it would have to accompany your client's abilities. Hope I could be some help.

We have a baby monitor, too, but we also invested in a wireless doorbell. Whenever my husband needs to alert me for any reason, he pushes a very easy to activate button and a Coo-Coo (or Westminster Chime, whatever) lets me know to address him immediately. It works beautifully for us. I'm sure any hardware store has one. I got mine online from Home Depot for $18. My husband can still use his hands, but I'm sure that you could stick some velcro on the button portion of the device and stick it in convenient places. Our set came with 2 buttons. He carries his everywhere.

Hope this helps!

My husband used a cordless door bell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back