Reason
Loved one DX
Country
NZ
State
Northland
City
Kerikeri
My husband Alan of 31 years has now passed on. He slipped away peacefully in his sleep on Monday 18th Feb and we had a wonderful funeral and party for him on Friday 22nd, with all his family and friends.
I have a huge respect for him in the way he accepted his condition and stayed in great humour throughout his 2 and a half years of living with MND. He made everyone feel at ease and people loved coming to visit. We had some hard times and some very emotional times but most of all, we had quality time to say the things we should have said all thru' our marraige and I feel honoured I had the opportunity to care for him and gain experiences I would never have had the chance to experience.
Thank you for such a wonderful website, I gained a huge comfort to know that there are hundreds of people out there who are going along the same path as I was travelling. I truely hope everyone will share their experiences and knowledge with those looking support in their time of need.
Ang

ScottishKiwi:

I am sorry for your husband's loss, I lost mine on Dec. 30th. 2007, now they are in a
much better place and free off their sick bodies.

May he rest in peace.

God bless you and your family.

PATY
BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO
CALS TO LATE HUSBAND JORGE

Dear Ang,

My condolences to you and your entire family. Thank you for letting us know of your husbands passing.

Your attitude of gratitude and ability to see the blessings in the midst of a horrible situation show the kind and loving person you are.

I thank you for sharing your heart about feeling honored to have had the experience of caring for your husband throughout his journey with ALS and expressing that the experience has not been completely negative. I think it's important for others to know that, dispite the saddnes and sometimes impossible circumstances surrounding the experience of being a CALS, there is so much to be gained from the experience of coming alongside another human in their deepest hour of need and willingly agree to enter into their suffering. I believe there is no better gift one can offer.

May God richly bless you and your family.

Jeanne

Dear Ang

So sorry to hear of your dear husband's passing. It sounds like he was a wonderful man who will be missed by all. He couldn't have wished for a better carer and I'm sure you both cherished the time you had together.

Take great care of yourself over the coming months. I lost my dear mum in November and it still hurts my heart, but I know she is no longer suffering which gives me comfort.

You are in my thoughts & prayers.

Hi Ang! Thanks for sharing, and may your husband rest in peace. I, too, lost my son to Als, 38 yrs old, on June 3, 2007. My condolences to you! God bless!

Irma

It always saddens me to see the loss of another of us even though we didn't know each other. My deepest sympathies to you and your family Ang.
AL.

I am sorry for your loss, Ang. Feel free to visit anytime you get lonely over the next few months. It is not easy to lose someone you love...

Kia Ora Ang

Hi Ang, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I am currently caring for my husband who was diagnosed in October last year.

Erin

Dear Ang:

Your attitude is so beautiful. Your husband certainly knew he was loved. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Thank you all for your kind replies. From the amount of cards I received from family and friends, I feel truely humbled by the amount of people who cared about Alan and my wellbeing.

Kia Ora Erin, I'm glad you have found this website - I hope you will find answers to any questions you might have during your journey caring for your husband. Make sure you get in touch with your local hospice as the staff and volunteers in Kerikeri were just wonderful and they will point you in the right direction for anything you need. If you ever need to get in touch for a talk, please let me know and I'll send you my phone number.

With kind regards to all,
Ang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back