• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Dear Dear friend is gone: I cannot even express the sadness I feel, it took all I could to even post. We have all lost a true hero, an amazing person.. We will all miss Granpa Al with all our hearts.. I feel like the hugest part of the forum is gone, the lifeblood for it all.. The day that I dreaded has come. The loss is just like a weight...a huge one.. gosh, this is just so sad..

Al and I shared so many tears together over the loss of our many friends.. This is a loss I will not be able to share with my friend.. We will miss Al so very much.. wow I cannot believe he is gone..

Such a blow to the guts... Im so so sorry but I dont have words right now.

Wow, what a remarkable man.....He may be gone from this earth, but he will never be forgotten!

Prayers and love to his family.

Another tragic loss! Sincere thoughts and prayers for comfort and peace being sent to Al's family.

RIP Al

You will be missed by all

Peter

I have read the sad news last night but felt too upset to post. Not Al, our supermoderatar - he was this forum!

I admired his pragmatism, his common sense and his perseverance. I felt his life was very meaningful indeed, despite limitations brought on by ALS. I recall one particular post where somebody was asking 'how do you do it' and Al replied something along the lines 'there are always birds in the garden, family, and HERE' (meaning this forum).

RIP Al. Dani

RIP Al - you will be so very greatly missed x

To Lee, Tara & Chris-

I would like to express my deep and heartfelt sympathy over the loss of your husband and father. He will be missed by so many. This forum will be a lasting tribute to his strength, guidance and wisdom. He truly showed everyone how to live with ALS.

Remembering all in prayers-
Marianne

Devastated,this is such a shock and hard to believe.
A huge inspiration and advocate for pals all over the world,as well as a lou grieg day there should be a al pettit day in honour of such a wonderful man.
Al was the first to welcome me to the forum and put me at ease,it just wont be the same ever again.
My heartfelt condolances to lee and family,it is bad for the als community so we can not even begin to feel how big a loss it is for you.
You are all in my thoughts.

Thank you Al and rest in peace you dear sweet man.

Dana

RIP AL.

I had to double check that it was really our fireman that had passed. So sorry for his family and the loss of his great presence on this Forum. Every post that I ever saw from him was one that I read since I respected him so much.

Oh, I am so sad! Heartless, heartless disease. Prayers for the family, and forum friends.
Sue

Al

I am one of the newer members here & can't say that I ever had any interaction with you on this board but from the outpouring of well wishes that I have read it is obvious that you have touched & influenced the lives of untold numbers of people. Obviously a life well lived. RIP Al & prayers for the family.

We have lost so many pals this year...and now Al....we will miss you Al...praying for your dear family!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back