• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prayers for Al's family. He is free now where ALS can no longer ravage his body. Prayers to his friends (including his forum friends). Praying also for an effective treatment and better yet, a cure. Thank you, Al, for all your tireless effort in helping the ALS community and being such an advocate for those who have ALS. That was one of the worst things for my sister, being bed bound and people no longer coming to see her or calling her. Unfortunately, she never had internet and a place like this in which to "talk" to other people who were fighting the battle too. I think it would have given her more of a sense of "I'm not alone in this". Thanks to all who run and support this site. I know it has been a blessing to me.

I am still in shock and can barely type my words..... My deepest condolences to Al's family and friends of the forum.

This is all hitting me a little harder than I would have expected. Your passing has reminded me of how temporary our time is here, whether or not ALS is involved. Make the most of every day. You most certainly did. You will be missed, and remembered.

I almost cry despite the fact I did not know Al in personal. I joined this forum scared of twitches and noticed his caring presence with my every visit. When someone says "ALS", I remember of Al and his bravery and kindess he shown on this site.
Rest in peace.

As David said in his beautiful obituary, this is "Al's Forum"... and always will be.

Miss you Grandpa Al, hope you and Allen are up there playing poker with Joel, Barry, Richard and the rest of the crew.

I've been away from the forum for about a week. I have been fearing this news for a while now but was not prepared for it when it came. Al's Forums indeed. Thank you Lee for sharing a great man with us. As others have noted Al is not one to rest in peace so rather, let 'er RIP buddy.

I am so very saddened by the passing of our leader, teacher, best friend and counselor. The totality of his dedication to the PALS and CALS and everyone else finding their way to this forum over the years, is immeasurable. His unique way of dispensing his best advice, support, inspiration and plain talk will be sorely missed but never forgotten. My condolences to your family and to your forum family. Al was a gentleman in every sense of the word and a friend to all who were lucky enough to know him. May the Lord bless you Al in your new life.

Lee and Family, we spoke a few years ago I was from Listowel, and My husband Gary passed away 3 years ago. I know your pain, lost and relief, Al wa a SUPER HERO, he helped me through alot of things on the forum and when I was completly upset with almost everything homecare etc. he brought me back to normal a few times.
My deepest sympathy to you all. Life is never fair but you must be so proud of how Al helped so many people on this site.
You will be lost for a long time, just a word of advice when things slow down abit go back and read all Al's comment, you will find them rewarding and part of the healing, I did that and was good to see how the path was, you both journied on.
Again Lee my deepest sympathy, hugs and more hugs from us all

You just know right away when you're in the presence of someone truly special and extraordinary. I haven't been here long, and I didn't know Al personally, but it was clear right away what a caring, courageous, wise and generous guy he was. Just in reading his posts over the past few months, I'd come to really idolize him and I regret I won't get to know him better. My condolences to his family, friends and the many folks he impacted.

:( I hadn't visited the forums since last year, and it's been so sad for me to find out that our big angel Al Pettite had passed away; he was a great help to me when my husband was sick, here's where I made lots of friends. I remember when I used his picture and Samantha's his little grandaughter at that time to make something nice when I was learning Graphic Design on internet and had itposted here for him and his wife to print.

He was an extraordinary person always helping other's, and a wonderful husband to his wife Lee and dear father and grandfather.

Rest in peace AL, may God bless you and all the people that have gone because of this terrible disease.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Mexicali, Baja California., Mexico

Last edited:
I miss Al and the little Fireman scattered amongst the posts. Doesn't feel quite like home without seeing the fireman.

I really...really...really miss you:(

Al , I miss you soo very much also, you always told it straight up with few words to the point, thanks for helping me with all my questions. Missing you buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back