• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here
Status
Not open for further replies.
And my heart breaks. Al was a great moderater. I did not have the pleasure of knowing him as long as most of you but what I did know was that he had everyone's best interest at all times.

Thank you for looking out for us, Al, you will be missed. You may be gone from your earthly being but will never be forgotten. You are a true hero and amazing example of the raging battle against ALS and this disease will never win.

May the road rise to meet you, the wind be always at your back, the rain fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again, may the risen Lord hold you in the palm of his hand.

V.

Amazing man and amazing family... their ALS walk is tomorrow and his family is going to be there according to Al's obit.

You'll always be our hero Al, you've saved many lives here and many from your firefighting days.

Lee and family,

Thank you for all you did for our friend, Al, during his battle with ALS. Without you, he couldn't have accomplished all that he did.

I will miss him greatly.

Kim

i'm in shock, will miss you Al!

My heart goes out to Als family!

Al was and ia an Angel, will miss him!

This is absolutely devastating and I truly do not or ever will have the words to express the sadness I am feeling. Rest in peace my friend and may your family find solace in the fact that you were so very loved and revered.

I cannot imagine this forum without Al. I am devastated. Al was so kind. His compassion at times was expressed with a no nonsense tone, but, always ALWAYS his effort was one of only the most sincere intentions to help others.

He was a true friend to me, and made memories for me that I will keep always.

Thank you Lee for sharing him with us. I expect there were many times when you felt the effort he put forth went by unappreciated, but, like David said, to me, this has always been "Al's Forum" and he was like family to me.

Rest in peace Al, you really did make a difference, before and after ALS came into your life. You earned the respect, admiration and love of so many, and you will never be forgotten.

Al, rest in peace & thank you for all you have been to us. To Lee and all the family I send my deepest sympathy.
Avril

I was stunned to hear of Al's passing. He seemed invincible to me. How can this be?

My condolences to Lee and his family.

Rest in peace Al, thank you for your hard work and years contribution to the forum so we pals and cals have a wonderful place like this forum to help all of us to go through the difficult time. You will be missed forever. My honour knowing you.

I always chuckled a bit when he said to "Play Nice..." because you knew he would do something about otherwise!

Al's compassion stretched around the world; it seems fitting that he should be prayed for around the world. Tomorrow morning both he and Allen will be included in morning prayer at Rochester Cathedral here in Kent, England. The cathedral has stood for almost a thousand years, and this afternoon I have lit candles there for both of them...

He was twice the man any non-ALS person could be.

God Bless Al!

Such sad new news. Rest in peace my friend.

Bump for my Dear friend, oh how I miss our friend already. this absence is so hard to comprehend. The weight of his loss is just so heavy on the heart...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back