Al, did cut me a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cindy - FYI - the foundation is legal and set up. The web site is just not quite finised. And Stu is real and reliable. I've met him.

Sharonca

Good! Glad to hear it. Thanks, Sharonca.

Maybe, in his excitement to help, Stu announced his plans before he was able to organize a legal foundation to receive funds, get whatever certification his state or province requires to solicit funds, get his website going, and so on. I know starting a project like this in my State requires a lot of work behind the scenes. Stu, if you are running into a lot of issues like the one I mentioned above, hang in and keep at it!
Corp

Cindy, I have set up everything. I'm a 501-C corp. and have received the applicable tax preferences from all necessary authorities. As far jumping the gun about receiving donations, I have personally been the sole source of funds. There is nothing new about my efforts. I began doing since November 2007, before I had even considered setting up a foundation.

About the "in his excitement comment", excitement is the last emotion I feel. I'm doing this because after meeting my first few ALS patients, I became profoundly sad about their plight. Despite appearances, I am not very strong. If ALS affected me like this, I can't imagine how it psychologically affects PALS and their families. But then, I could never be as strong as the PALS/CALS I meet. I am not being patronizing. I can't go 5 seconds without scratching an itch. How could I ever adjust to this disease like you guys have?

Sorry, Stu. I guess I didn't read your first posts carefully enough. I wish you every success in this endeavor! :-D

Thanks Stu

We need all the ANGEL'S we can get!

Lorie

To Lorie

Lorie,

Can you possibly contact me? I do not have PM privileges on this site. I'm hoping you can do me a big favor that may be mutually beneficial. Thanks!

STU MILLHEISER
THE ALS GUARDIAN ANGELS FOUNDATION
[email protected]
[email protected]
Office: (949)488-9894
Cell: (949)233-3045

Please Listen to Stu

I have checked out his organization my self. I would be the first to be leary about someone taking advantage of ALS patients and their Families.

I have checked out his organization my self. I spoke in length also last night with him on the phone. Please give him a chance. I am going to help him how ever I can. He has not asked for anything monetary. Just my help. I could not help monetary wise, other than the small donations I make to ALS myself. As you all know, I have dedicated my self and my Life to ALS. He is doing both. There is nothing I wouldn't do for you people, my brother and this disease. I will help Stu. He can count on that.

Stu, Please tell the the story that you told me last night. I think you are doing a great thing here and deserve to be heard.

Lorie

This is what we have all been needing, HELP.

I also have been in communication with Mr. STU MILLHEISER and find him to be genuine and willing to help meet the immediate needs of ALS families. Finally someone who cares about trying to help with no strings attached.

I know in the past we have seen many on here that said things that sounded too good to be true, but this time I believe it is true.

For those who have said where is his web page? It is being worked on and will soon be up for all to see. This is a new Foundation. Please be patient with him while he works out the details.

I encourage anyone with a urgent need to contact him at his e-mail address at:
STU MILLHEISER
THE ALS GUARDIAN ANGELS FOUNDATION
[email protected]
[email protected]
Office: (949)488-9894
Cell: (949)233-3045

I'd like to add - other than the fact that Stu is a great guy - the foundation could use more people who are willing to help. Do you have a special talent? Say PR, fundraising, or are you just a good idea person? Perhaps a person doesn't need a "thing" bought for them - they need information. Are you a wealth of information?

We all know THE thing that is going to make our lives easier is not always physical. I needed something to do with my time - now that I cannot work and it is getting more and more difficult to get around. Stu gave me that thing - I'm helping with the foundation. My hands still work fine and I can type really really fast. And I feel like I am contributing to a worthy cause. I was getting really bored having my days be just about me.

And Capt Al is right - this is a worthy cause that is in its infancy.

Sharonca

It will be fascinating to watch it grow. Thanks for keeping us all in the loop, everybody.

Stu. You will have private Message function very shortly. A couple more posts should fix you up.
AL.

Hi Friends,

I too spoke with Stu this week and I'm meeting with him on Monday.

I believe he is sincere and only wants to help.

I'll let you know more after we meet on Monday.

TGIF !

Jeanne

Al, I've been posting but you still won't give me privileges?

Al,

I posted under the "equipment" thread seraching for a used van, but it never was posted. Other people posted similar messages and there was no problem.

Isn't time to give me the privileges of other members? I'm confused as I'm sure you now know I'm for real. Don't you want me to use this forum to help PALS in a selfless and caring way? I'd think that I might even get priority, but I don't seem to even get normal privileges.

Stu

Stu- your thread has been approved. It would have made it into the forum anyway- the software only delays threads from new posters for a few hours to give moderators time to check for spam.

You seem to be blaming AL for the way the software works. These are not Al's rules, just so you know. Al and I are volunteers. In AL's case, he is also a PAL who gives many hours to this board, in spite to the fact that he now only types with one finger, if at all. I only point this out because I know how compassionate you are towards PALS.

Another hero around here is David. David owns this board and pays for the expense of running it out of his own pocket.

I try to help both AL and David but my diaphragm is weakened and until i get a Pi-Pap I find it necessary to sleep as much as possible. None of us are asking for sympathy, but I think you should cut Al some slack, if nobody else.

BTW - even if we tried to jump-start your member's privileges, it would mean writing special code to the software. This is an expense a totally volunteer operation should not be expected to incur. Especially since your membership privileges will probably kick in within a few days.

I understand your frustration but if you'd been around here during the days when hackers and spammers were the rule you would know why most of us are grateful for the new software.

Hope this rather long explanation helps. I"m actually glad you raised the issue, since it gives us an opportunity to remind everybody the reasoning behind some of the rules, and it gives me a chance to give due credit to both Al and David.
Regards, Cindy

Only a few more posts Stu and it will kick in. I know you are the real thing and look forward to you being able to reach everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back