AL and ALS Article and slide show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Photos of ALS

hi all,

i dont understand why I coudnt see the photos due to my membership status. Strange.

My sis in law has ALS, she just had a feeding tube inserted. She lives 2,000 miles away, I miss her. I wanted to view the photos so that I would have a better idea what she is going thru.

Hang in there, Flame. Full status will kick in soon. We had to install extra security software and not viewing photos comes with the deal, it seems. The extra security is a precaution to avoid the scammer's software that was flooding our site with all sorts of nasty stuff.

So you and other new members, unfortunately, are caught in this "software war." Our site will recognize you as an actual person with legimitate intentions once you visit us a few times, poke around reading past threads, post a bit more about your SIL and in general act like the human being you are (as opposed to a "bot.")

Meanwhile, feel free to ask anything. Our members are very experienced with all aspects of living with and caring for folks with MND. And they are a very supportive bunch! Welcome to the site! Cindy

If you use the link in post #8 on page one it will take you to the article where the link is down the page on the left by the red maple leaf. Anyone should be able to see it.
AL.

Hang in there, Flame. Full status will kick in soon. We had to install extra security software and not viewing photos comes with the deal, it seems. The extra security is a precaution to avoid the scammer's software that was flooding our site with all sorts of nasty stuff.

So you and other new members, unfortunately, are caught in this "software war." Our site will recognize you as an actual person with legimitate intentions once you visit us a few times, poke around reading past threads, post a bit more about your SIL and in general act like the human being you are (as opposed to a "bot.")

Meanwhile, feel free to ask anything. Our members are very experienced with all aspects of living with and caring for folks with MND. And they are a very supportive bunch! Welcome to the site! Cindy
Thanks Cindy. I appreciate the heads up on my status!

Hello All and welcome a blast from the past and for thos of you considering organ donation (from a ways back)
My wife lost her battle with ALS in May of 2001 and we approached the neurologist about organ donation. When the time came, she was taken to London (Ontario) (where the neropathologist was in this part of the world) and part of the brain and spinal column were taken for research. It was something that she wanted to give back. Much of the rest of her had deteriorated to the point where a general harvest wasn't practical even though she was only 50.
Al... glad you're still around and I hopeenjoyinig this weather...looking forward to getting to the Jays game this year!

t.

Hello Al (Mr. Pettit), I am touched by your ALS story in the Globe and Mail. I hope you and your friends will one day soon, be compensated by the Board. Hang in there my friend. We are in this "prison" together. Take care.

Thanks for the sentiments Peter and welcome to the forums. Hope we can be of some help.

AL

i cant find it

I think it doesn't come up anymore because it was written in 2007. But if you click on the Globe and Mail website that is given on page 1, and then use the search feature with the phrase "ALS and fire fighters", it will come up part way down the page with the heading "Smoke, fire and Lou Gehrig's disease".
Laurel

thank you i will go now and try that

i believe it as my son was a landscaper then went into construction but , the part where they tear thing's down .... toxins and standing old water could be a reason that set's it off

I just read the article--laurel, thanks for the help getting there-- Al, it's very interesting. Sadly interesting. XO

You're most welcome Ann. I would like to say that you always radiate such a gentle loving spirit. I much admire that about you.
Laurel

Al great article about you and your fellow fire fighters. Pieces like that is the best way to raise awareness and u;ltimately money to help fund research for a cure. I want to thank you for the time and efforts that you spend here on this forum to make it a safe haven for us to share our questions, experiences, support etc. I am very appreciative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back