Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
Hello everyone,
I am posting here third time. Thanks for bearing with me but I don’t know what else can I do. I am suffering without much relief from doctors. I started twitching about 2yr back all over the body and since then started having different symptoms.

About an year back I started feeling something in my right ankle on the outer side. Also intermittent pain in the shin muscle. This aching has increased over the last 3-4 months. Now my ankle aches pretty much every night though I have even reduced my physical activity to 5-6K steps (from miles of running a year back). Some sensations too in the shin muscles, maybe spasms.

In addition, in last couple of months, I have started having same pain in my left ankle too. Joint muscles and tendons. Also some pain in my right shoulder when I wake up. Pain in my both hip muscles. My joints are cracking too, specially in the morning. Painful to walk first 5-10 mins in the morning. I can still lift 15lb weights on deltoid exercise. Stretching feels good.

I visited a 3rd neurologist (in last 2 yrs) a couple of months back and she tried various tests. I can still walk on my heels and toes so I passed all tests. Meeting her again in a couple of weeks. I am convinced that I have something major wrong. Have done all blood tests, MRI in the last 2yr. Last EMG was about a 9 month back on my right arm.

Does ALS symptoms start with pain in different joints due to muscle weakness? I am worried that my muscles are progressively weakening.

Again, this sounds systemic and you should see a good internist who may want to refer you to a rheumatologist to rule out RA, fibromyalgia, and related disorders. ALS does NOT start with the kinds of pain that you describe.

Closing this thread. Please do not start another. You are in a state with many great docs. No one here can diagnose you.

All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back