Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
IN
State
WB
City
Kolkata
So I am 19 years old and know that at this age ALS is pretty rare. My symptoms started 20 months ago with twitching in the foot which quickly spread to my legs. I googled and ALS entered my life. I had extreme anxiety for a month or two with twitching. Used to do strength tests every day which made my muscles sore. I saw a neurologist who performed a physical exam and said everything was fine. Now 20 months later the twitching has been going on through out my body now but something happened 2 weeks ago which has brought back the anxiety. I am having a strange stiff kind of feeling between knee and shin seems to be the soleus muscle. This happens while running walking and climbing stairs. It is a strange sensation and I have started the strength tests again. I feel it only while doing something. Please help.

Twitching and strange stiff feeling are not ALS. You were cleared by a neurologist. ALS is 19 is not pretty rare. It is exceedingly exceedingly rare. When it happens it is generally caused by a genetic mutation and is very fast. A young acquaintance of mine recently died from it. 8 months from start You have had your “ symptoms” which are not symptoms for 20 months.
see your primary care doctor and get help for your admitted anxiety before you ruin your life

Thanks a lot.

Sorry to bother you again but this thing is not stopping. For last 2 weeks it has been happening. Whenever I do somenthing like walk or climb stairs or something physical I feel tight in my right leg below the knee and above the shin seems like the muscle there is not stretching. You asked to consult my GP but I won't be able to for few days as I tested COVID +ve yesterday. So, I would greatly appreciate any help regarding this isse which seems to happen only when I do something and disappears when I am just sitting.

Ris, it's not clear what you would like the people here to do for you. Aside from recommend you see a doctor to track down what the problem could be (not ALS), there is not much else to be done as you were not reassured by the facts provided you by Nikki in the previous reply. This forum is for those with ALS and their caregivers and is extremely unhealthy for those who struggle with health anxiety. Please visit with your doctor or see a physio for an assessment and also address your anxiety, this forum really isn't for you- which really is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back