Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
RO
State
IF
City
bucharest
Hi!Sorry about my English.I am from Romania.After a very stressfull period and a viral infection, I have started feeling weakness in my left leg.I have done two emgs.In first one the doctor found chronic denervation in my left leg(large muaps with high aplitude-33% polyphasic in left peroneum and 20 % in left tibialis.In right foot she just tested the tibialis and she found 50% polyphasic with normal amplitude and duration .She said is ok(what have I read this means denervation too.).Also for left leg she foun reduced recruitment and ip pattern(I have read that this is related to ALS)She also found neuropaties in both hands due to carpal symptoms.The report says that is not concludent with ALS because the absence of fibs and psws in the areas tested.But I have fasciculations all over my body and brisk reflexes in both hands and legs.I would appreciate an input.My anxiety is very high.Love,Radu

You have chronic denervation. You don't have acute. ALS has both. Just because an animal has fur and a tail does not mean it is a tiger it might be a dog or a mouse or many other things.

Twitches and brisk reflexes are common and mean nothing.

Did the doctor mention post viral syndrome? It can last for months and would account for how you feel

Thank you so much Nicky and God bless you.Ihope you are wright.What it concerned me is that he did not checked paraspinals and neither the tongue.She sticked the needle above my left eye and she says it was fine.She can not test the bulbar in that spot.I also have weakness in my left leg,pain while I walk maybe because of spasticity and lots of fasciculations all over my body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back