00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
Danville
Previous thread

Ok I don’t have a diagnosis yet so I know I’m not supposed to post here but my thread was closed on the could this be als. I no longer “think” I have als I know that I do as I had actual failure the other day. I could not lift my arm up to put on my bra. It lasted a minute or so and then it came back. I am in limbo until my dr appt but until then my neck is killing me. It’s so fatigued and even laying down doesn’t relieve it. Any advice on what I can take or how to be more comfortable?

Please stay here in the "Could It Be" section, in this thread.

Fortunately, the minute of which you speak is not a substitute for a clinical diagnosis of ALS. Your story suggests that you may have a problem with your neck/shoulder that is affecting your arm, whether as pain, stiffness, and/or weakness, and whether consciously or unconsciously.

Anything that you would normally do for neck pain might help, as you wait to see your PCP, like moist heat, NSAIDs if there are no contraindications, therapeutic massage, hot showers, slow stretching like arm circles, and anything else that your PCP recommends. If your PCP thinks it appropriate, you may be referred for further evaluation/imaging.

Best,
Laurie

Last edited:
Please see your doctor - there is no way what you experienced is an ALS diagnosis, just no way. You need to be examined and discuss all of this with your doctor. Just like it wasn't ALS before, it isn't suddenly ALS now. Please get help so you can heal.

Thank you both. I have an appt next week. I would like to let you know what he says, so hopefully this thread can stay open until then. @affected hope you are right.

That is not at all how ALS works, so please don't be so bold as to diagnose yourself. You'll do so much damage to your psyche living that way. ALS does not come on for one minute and then totally go away. Just like you did not have the disease before, you don't have it now.

Please report back once you have been diagnosed with whatever is going on. Best of luck to you.

I said I would come back and let you know what the neurologist said. I got a clean clinical and this time reflexes were symmetrical. I have no idea what’s going on with me but I once again will try to move on. Thank you guys so much for your advice. 🙏🥰

Live long and find peace.
If you get scared again, see a doctor rather than the internet or coming here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back