Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NC
City
Greenville
Hey everyone. John here. 23. Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. Really could use your guys precious and undervalued advice on some things.

So early few days of may I noticed some small twitching in my left calf after I finishd running one day. Then boom the next couple of days my calfs were so tight it was ridiculous. I felt like I was going to cramp pain in my calf’s when I pushed on them. Needless to say that tightness backed off but my legs felt super weak. They were fatigued and tired. That’s when I noticed the twitching had spread into my thighs, hamstrings, glutes, feel it in my arms sometimes my face my hands, back of my traps.

Needless to say I’m pretty concerned. I noticed the twitching got worse after I exercised. Don’t know if that’s something to be concerned about??? I’m an anxious person a lot of anxiety just moved to a new area and don’t know anyone except work people but it’s only been a handful of them. I went to my pcp and he told me I had a lot of health anxiety and did an exam on me neurologically and said there was no way I had a MND. Took some blood from me all bloodwork was good. He compared it to earlier bloodwork I had in later April. It was better this time than April actually he said advanced ALS cases will show definite rise in CK levels in blood if its a tough case.

So my pcp referred me to a neurologist and I went and saw him within a couple of days and this guy worked at Mayo Clinic and Is the director of the ALS clinic here. He’s pretty good. He said there’s no way I have ALS or a MND. Wrote it off as BFS. No atrophy, no muscle weakness even though my legs feel like jello sometimes. Had some hyperflexia in my leg reflexes but he said that was normal for someone who was in such good shape as me and it was bilateral so nothing for me to worry about. But all other reflexes were good and not briske. So he told me if I wanted to get a good second opinion he referred me to an emergency neurologist who works is also very good and well respected and scheduled an EMG for me which I have in two days and said I showed nothing but fasciculations which was nothing to be concerned about.

Would really appreciate y’all’s advice.

Also it hurts some in my hamstrings and it hurts when I sit it’ll hurt like in my hips. Really worried. Pray for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
John, as you wrote yourself...

"I’m an anxious person a lot of anxiety just moved to a new area and don’t know anyone except work people but it’s only been a handful of them. I went to my pcp and he told me I had a lot of health anxiety and did an exam on me neurologically and said there was no way I had a MND."

Key words, "did an exam on me neurologically and said there was no way I had a MND."

"So my pcp referred me to a neurologist and I went and saw him within a couple of days and this guy worked at Mayo Clinic and Is the director of the ALS clinic here. He’s pretty good. He said there’s no way I have ALS or a MND."

Key words. "this guy worked at Mayo Clinic and Is the director of the ALS clinic here."

Then....

"said I showed nothing but fasciculations which was nothing to be concerned about."

So.... two hasn't convinced you and you're going for a third?

Get help for your health anxiety... it would be money better spent.

Except, you're 23 years old.... buy a dozen lottery tickets. The odds are about the same.

Thank you. Hope you’re right.

Yes, Clearwater Al is correct. You do not have ALS or any symptoms even remotely close. However, you won't believe the folks here, or the Mayo clinic, although they and us know a whole lot more about the disease than you. Best of luck to you. Please be grateful for your good health and take good care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back