00/0000
Country
UK
State
WA
City
Perth
Hi everyone,

First can I say, thank you so much to whoever reads this post and gives an opinion. I would like to say that I am hoping to get your advice and opinions and I will accept what is told to me and will not argue the point with you. I have read the stickies many times and they are very helpful and informative! I first came across this forum in Jan when I was looking for a reason for my widespread muscle twitching and low and behold I found myself here! I am going to try and keep this as short as possible as I know how difficult it can be to read long posts!

My name is Angela and I am 39 years old, living in Perth, Australia but originally from Scotland, moved last November. Last January I started with widespread twitching, calves, thighs, face, arms and places I didn’t think you could twitch! I went to my GP and he didn’t seem concerned but told me to ask my neurologist who I see for migraine which I did in March. She done a very quick check of my leg and arm reflexes and told me I was fine. I have had an mri and mrv and that is all normal! Anyway I accepted what I was told and just got on with things and ignored the twitching until recently when the twitch seemed to settle in my top lip and left elbow. It’s been annoying me for weeks and then I felt like my right hand was a little bit more clumsy. I looked at my hands and I think I see differences between my right and left and I am wondering if it’s the start of split hand (so sorry if that’s not the correct term)

I know that photos are not the best way to tell but I will attach a few of both hands and would really appreciate your honest opinion! If you think I am mad and seeing things then please say so!! I am sitting here on Christmas Eve looking at my hands when I should be playing with my son! I do have an appt with GP on Tuesday however if someone could give me an opinion, I would be forever grateful!

To end can I just say what a wonderful forum this is and I am amazed by the compassion and kindness you all share, especially to people like myself who ask for opinions and as I said previously I am not here to argue the point with anyone, just looking for your humble opinion!!

Many thanks
3A92708C-91DF-4F5F-832F-8A07E1966BFE.jpeg
1D688B39-7F30-4E4D-9315-E7764B00348E.jpeg
3BAFAC2B-170F-4122-8B4D-64AF4D5AC108.jpeg
76705C86-73CB-416C-947C-127ECC8C33B2.jpeg

B88B9B68-80F6-447F-8C7F-73CE88DF82E7.jpeg
C9856B1D-FA3D-4645-8D07-AA519A6ADB50.jpeg
A9F26866-215A-4265-8E55-38CF2238B6EC.jpeg

Attachments

• 8D990AF6-4409-4D73-8D87-A59CBB8278E3.jpeg
    8D990AF6-4409-4D73-8D87-A59CBB8278E3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 109
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see anything that would make me worry. I am sure the GP will reassure you. As you have read, widespread twitching and feelings of weakness somewhere are very common and not indicative of ALS, nor the patterns that you describe. Loss of function is a whole other thing. Lip twitching is often down to dehydration or electrolyte imbalance, as is other twitching for that matter.

So don't waste the holidays looking at your hands. Celebrate the season with your son, drink a smoothie, and enjoy.

Best,
Laurie

Hi Laurie,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to read and reply to my post, it is very much appreciated!!

Your words have gave me the reassurance I needed and as you say I’m sure my GP will reassure me even further on Tuesday! I will take your advice and make myself a good smoothie and enjoy the festivities with my son! I think it may be time for me to put the tea bags away and switch to a healthier drink of choice!!

Again, thank you so much for replying to me! I really do hope you have a great Christmas!! You are all amazing on this forum, truly inspirational!!

Merry Christmas xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back