Advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Nikki said, no one thinks that you have ALS (you're the only one who thinks that you do). It is truly best for to you move on and continue to work with your docs. Continuing to focus on a disease that you so obviously do not have only impedes your ability to start to get proper advice for whatever it is you do have. Again, your answers are not here and there is nothing more we can say, so please stop adding to the list of your non-ALS symptoms.

Take good care, stay safe, and good luck.

Apologies and thank you.

Please all take care and i have made a donation.

I agree that treating the thrush, which can only magnify everything else, is key to your nutrition and wellbeing. Any kind of ongoing pain affects your sleep and when you are tired you do tend to focus on your breathing and struggle with routine activity.

I am sorry to pester this forum but appreciate all the advice

Hi -
Apologies to be back but I’ve had some further symptoms and I just want to ask.

My mouth and tongue issue of great concern.

symptoms:

Pain near front of tongue and left side.
Uncomfortable under my chin, like I’ve got swellings.
Thrush now clear.
Gag reflex happens when over exert ie too much walking or when I go on the slide with my daughter.
My tongue feels like it’s straining constantly.
My voice is losing power.
It’s affecting my ears and they popping.

anything relating to Bulbar as I saw this on net and worries me.

Attachments

• 9E587695-25F6-4515-AE94-6C893E553FC7.jpeg
    9E587695-25F6-4515-AE94-6C893E553FC7.jpeg
    194.8 KB · Views: 140
Hi Newy-

This forum is good for some initial general advice, but it can't be used to help folk diagnose themselves with anything. Keep working with your doctors to track down the cause of your issues, but it's clear this forum can't help you or provide you much more in the way of what you are looking for.

It's clear you are focused on ALS as the cause of your symptoms, despite what the people here have already told you. This may be preventing you from hearing what the doctor is telling you and also standing in the way of wellness. It's important to address that fear as well while you search for answers. My hope is that you can find someone to help you with that- there are some great resources online if you are reluctant to address it with your doc.

Please reread the Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms post to reassure yourself and to remind about what this forum is here for. The section titled "Finally" provides some guidance.

Newy, your thread has gone on for two pages now.

On Feb 12th you posted that you had an EMG.

It would very helpful if you would post the summary/conclusion
at the bottom of the report.

You were able to post an attachment of something you found on
the internet.

If you internet searched Anarthia you would find there are numerous
causes of it besides ALS. I did.

Finally, on Feb 12th you posted....

"I’ve had an EMG and they tested everywhere including under my chin
and also checked all my reflexes and said everything was as it should be."

It's pretty clear this Forum is not helping you (anxiety) or can help you
further.

Thank you both.
Apologies I will seek support as advised.

Could be a secondary infection, allergies and/or sinus. Still not ALS. Try a nasal steroid and stay in touch with your doc.

Thank you - I’ve said no more replies so I take this time to wish you all the very best!

Hi
just an update for anyone following this thread.

I had my face to face appt with Neuro yesterday - they tested everything and had me walking etc and cleared me of anything neurological going on.

with regards to my mouth I’m having loads of problems with my tongue and under my chin still as explained - they have suggested tests for a couple of syndromes one being an Sjorgens (I think this is how you spell it)

With regard to twitches and internal tremors they are doing Endocrine gland tests to see if sending adrenaline rush throughout body.

hope this helps others!

thanks so much for advice and support.
The anxiety and BFS forums suggested really helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back