Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Florida
City
tampa
Hello,

I have been sufferring for twitches which come and go for the past 5 years (eye, lip, leg, etc.). I recently have had a sporadic twitch in my neck for the past 3 weeks -- seems to get worse when I am relaxing. I have had no signs of muscle weakness. Does this sound like ALS or some kind of anixety/bfs stuff..

Thank you

Have you seen a physician? That ought to be your first stop. If you have done, what were you told?

That being said, since you've had twitching for so long, with no other issues, likely benign.

I am told it is related to stress but have not seen an neuro. Is muscle twitching withou weekness a good sign it is not als or does it not really matter?

Thank you

Muscle weakness is present in ALS

I had muscle weakness for 3 years before one stupid twitch showed up. Sounds like stressed to me. Stop worrying. And stop using Dr. Google!

I used to have minor twitches occasionally but they were all related to stress. I don't know enough about ALS to answer any questions about it properly. But, the twitches could be lots of things. Don't worry yourself about ALS. Trying keeping a detailed log on what your doing, time of occurence etc to give to your GP. The more information you can give your GP the better. Please contact your doctor. Hope you find your answers soon. Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back