Reason
PALS
Country
UK
State
lancashire
City
blackpool
I was diagnosed with Malignant Melanoma in October 06 it was a early one and prognosis is good. Then ever since Jan 07 I have suffered with twitches in my body but one that is contstant is the twitch between my thumb and index finger which visably pulsates and moves my index finger from side to side this happens regularly every day and is worse when Im using my hands I was worried this is something to do with cancer but my doctor assures me not. I have always been a person anxious about health and am googling symptoms today I put my twitch symptoms in and everything said it could be start on MND or ALS I am now besides myself with worry as my legs and arm have also been feeling shaky lately , I have suffered from panic attacks and anxiety and my dr thinks its nerves, but now that I have read what I have today im convinced its MND. I am 34yrs old and have 3 young children, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hi Claire. You could have benign fasciculation syndrome or carpal tunnel syndrome or any of 100 other things. Reading symptoms on the net will only make matters worse than they might be. You will definitely increase your anxiety levels. At your age MND's are uncommon but they are not unheard of. I'd ask your Doc for a referral to a neurologist experienced in MND's. Stay away from looking for a symptom in every little thing and try to stay calm. Good luck.
AL.

While doing research for my own muscle twitching I have found articles that say malignant processes can cause muscle twitching. So, your body could just be reacting to the melanoma process. Once this is completely cleared maybe your twitching will subside. I know it is aggravating, so I hope it clears up soon for you. Al is right, try not to let it upset you and make your anxiety higher. I noticed my twitching is worse when I am upset or nervous. Good luck to you. Leslie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back