Advice on caregivers schedule for PALS living alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to put together a boiler plate list of caregivers requirements / patient needs just to try and get my arms around this . No one list will fit the scenario of each person/pals. If someone has something written up please post it here.

the biggies for me are range of motion and baths. personal care such as clipping nails. light house keeping such as making bed, etc. initial visiting nurse plan includes bath/shower, ambulation, dressing, toileting assistance, hair care, oral care, skin care, prepare meals, clean room, change linen, etc., caregiver relief,

Somehow I missed the last several posts on this thread, not sure why. I did want to pipe in and say that there are certain expenses that can be deducted as medical expenses on your US federal taxes, if you itemize deductions rather than taking standard deduction. Qualified long-term care services are allowable if they meet certain criteria (see IRS publication 502). Note, also, you can deduct the portion of the cost of a wheelchair vehicle that is due to the original conversion of the vehicle and you can deduct some costs of making your home accessible. (again, see IRS pub 502.) With latest tax code, it's more difficult to reach a point where itemizing deductions makes sense, but it's worth looking at, especially if you are paying for all care and expenses out of pocket and you've had some significant expenses during the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back