Reason
Other
Country
UK
State
Highams park
City
London
Haven't posted here for a while. Had repeat EMG nerve conduction as I've felt my symptoms are progressing. Neuro said his exam was normal ( although I'm not sure mute plantur response is)

Nerve conduction shows mild reduction of velocity with normal amplitude ( left ulnar nerve,)

Mild slowing of velocity across left elbow with normal amplitude

EMG findings show mild chronic neurogenic changes in left ulnar innervated muscles, no active denervation seen ( does this mean there was denervation at some point?). It then says no neurogenic or myopathic features are seen. This is confusing at it just said chronic neurogenic change in left ulnar

Scanty polyphasic units seen in right and left TA and right deltoid muscles ( this terrifies me as I've read polyphasic units are seen in MND/ als)

No fasciulation or spontaneous activity recorded

Genioglosuss and thoracic paraspinals muscles normal.

My symptoms are as follows. Around 16 months ago notice weakness in left arm. Had to change carrying baby to right side. Summer 2016 noticed muscle twitches and increased weakness in shoulders and arm ( more so the left than the right)

I'm also noticing a stiff and achy jaw when I eat, aching underneath the tongue, horse voice at times, increased effort to talk

Breathlessness, sometimes at rest and when completely flat in bed, very breathless when walking or doing any kind of activity

Sensory issues stated about a month or two ago and are increasing.tingling in fingers, hands and arms, this is intermittent and seems to related to position like if I raise my arms for too long. Some mild intermittent pins and needles and sometimes numbness in both arms, hands and fingers

I have shooting pains up the back of my neck and head, head aches, very sore and aching neck, back and trapezius muscles.

Weakness, unsteady in the legs ( can still do everything but starting to not be able to
Walk long distance and increasingldifficulty getting up from squatting position. Sometimes I have a strange sensation in TA muscles, not sure if it's weakness or numbness

Twitching everywhere including my eyebrows, cheeks, lips, chin, shoulders, fingers jerking, different areas of hands and feet, basically every limb. It's not constant as in non stop but I'd say I notice twitches almost every hour. They drive me nuts

Strange jerks of leg and trunk when sleeping

I spoke with neuro and he said this is absolutely not als or any other form of MND.

Scared to death. Neuro did not mention any of the abnormal findings on the phone ( haven't seen him face to face and won't until appointment in may)

What scares me is at the end of this report t says if symptoms progress then tests to be repeated in 6 months

The last EMG and nerve conduction I had was in September 2016 and was clean

Given that I feel my symptoms are progressing especially with pain and tingling and increase in the amount of twitches I'm very worried. Has anyone experienced this and gone on to find something other than MND?

Ok...sensory changes point away from als. Your clinical exam was normal. Your neuro didnt feel the changes were significant or indicative of als.

Do the basics...hydrate well, get enough electrolytes, sleep well, cut back on caffeine. These are the most common reasons for many of your symptoms.

Go out, enjoy your evening and de stress. You are very lucky.

In August 2016, a neurologist said you didn’t have weakness, but he did an EMG because you were so worried. EMG was clean. Neurologist said you didn’t have MND.
In October 2016, a neurologist said there’s nothing clinically that indicates MND.
Now again you’ve taken your concerns to a neurologist and he said this is absolutely not any form of MND.

MrsFord, during the recent 6 months, you’ve had at least four visits with one neurologist or another, and they’ve continually told you not to worry about MND.
Your posts have always been filled with symptoms of anxiety and not MND.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back