Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
NC
City
Littleton
Before I became a "Forum Supporter" by paying the annual subscription (which I am happy to do), I saw LOTs of ads. After inputting that credit card--no more. Guess what's back. Yesterday I saw one, today there are three on the page at one time. Is this happening to anyone else, and are they going to keep creeping in?

A few days ago I was getting ads embedded in the first and second post of every thread plus on all the index pages. It was incredibly annoying. Then they went away after a few hours. i don't see them now? What device, platform are you using?

I see them and its why my posts have blank space in the box above the words....they are everywhere!!!!

Omaha steaks,amazon,and an ms website on this page for me

Can you update us tomorrow in case this is transient as it was for me?

Nikki, I'm getting them on my IPad. I'll let you know if they are still there tomorrow.

I get them on my Windows tablet, but not my iPad or Android phone.
I was outraged to see an ad for stem-cell therapy for MND in China as one of the ads. Weight loss products figure big too.

I am on an android tablet. Havent seen them on my android phone

Interesting you are on ipad Nuts. So am I and have none now in Safari or Chrome

I see them and its why my posts have blank space in the box above the words....they are everywhere!!!!

Me to.....just in the last 3-4 days it has been full of ads. I donated some$$ about two weeks ago. Hope it wasn't that that triggered this crap!!

I don't have any. Is each of you using an ad blocker on your browsers?

Even on the iPad, using Firefox, I don't see any because FF is synched w/ my Mac version, which has an ad blocker installed.

Maybe those of you on iOS who see ads could try that. Safari does not support ad blockers last I knew.

Laurie, I have tried everything the last few days to stop the ads. They are cookie trackers and ads based off your habits/searches on the internet. To be quite honest they are getting on my nerves and make it hard to want to log on here.

Deb and Becky, do you have the "do not track" preference checked and popups disabled in your browser along w/ AdBlock Plus? If you are not using some flavor of Firefox, you might try that since it is available across platforms and you can synch all your data/prefs across your devices. I have used Chrome, Safari and other browsers but FF is the best overall for ad blocking.

This happened to me big time about a year ago I think.

I nearly left it was so awful and it ONLY happened here, not on any other website, so I believe it is coming from the server here.

I installed a free program called AdBlock.

It took days of training it on what to get rid of but it worked.
Occasionally I start to get a few ads and have to pull up AdBlock and make some more entries in it and it stops them all again.

I haven't had any the past few days, feeling nervous now ...

And I use a MacBook Pro so it's no kind of infection on my machine, it's on this server.

I use AdBlock on Windows 7 Professional running the Chrome browser.

Before I installed AdBlock, this site was barely useable (but I still used it because it is so valuable to me).

I have been running AdBlock on the computer I mainly access this site from for over a year and have no had significant advertisment issues during that time.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back