Ads Are Getting Annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today there was “snow” falling on my forum webpage. Cute.

I dont see as anywhere on other sites, so not sure what ad blocker or browser issue is different on here

Are you using Google/Google Chrome? That might be the problem.

Kim, the OP said he had the same problem on Chrome, FF and Opera. But evidently many of us do not. So that speaks to possible inconsistency in how the server handles different configurations beyond the browser itself.

Advertisements are never shown to:
  1. Upgraded users [Forum Supporters]
  2. Long-standing users that have access to the Private Forums
  3. Moderators
  4. Administrators
Advertisements and the adblock detection is shown to:
  1. Guests
  2. Newishly registered members
Those not seeing/having issues with the advertisements likely fall into one of initial four (4) groups.

Google AdSense renders advertisements against all user groups outside of the above four (4) listed groups and as of lately, seems to be a little over zealous with junk.

it's the closest I've ever been, and likely ever will be to snow!

I hope that influx of ads and pop ups when using an ad blocker is done! :mad: I use Chrome with Adblock and have used it my entire time. I was not able to operate without turning my adblocker off. I got so annoyed with the pop up ads, I had to stop using the site...too hard to navigate with my finger limitations. I kept hitting the ads by accident!

Now I am more than annoyed that my adblocker is being paused automatically for me when I access the site. I tried several times to get in with my adblocker enabled and was only able to proceed when I turned it off.

I guess I don't fit one of David's four categories above for ad free viewing. So after weeks of hoping this ad situation gets rectified so I can browse without ads in my way, I guess I am once again going off the site!

I really was hoping to communicate with others without this struggle, but obviously I am not important enough in David's criteria.

Feel kicked down by this beast every day and here once again!!!!

I am sorry Cathy. I am not sure how many posts get you out of this. ( it is post count that gets you longstanding membership and only posts in what I think of in the clinical areas count so other, this forum etc don’t help)

Cathy, I hope you find a workable solution. I miss your presence here.

Cathy,
Are you on any Facebook groups? There are many, some PALS only. Some of us who post here are on them and they are very active. Many are private but being diagnosed will get you in. Just a thought.

Cathy, you can disable Javascript for this site in particular, in Chrome, by using Settings/Advanced/Content Settings/Javascript. While logged out so my status did not matter, I saw ads/commands to disable ad blockers before I disabled Javascript, but not after. So you might try that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back