Diagnosis
01/2017
Country
US
State
KS
City
Lenexa
While I understand the need for showing ads in the Forum, I do find it annoying when ads are displayed multiple times throughout a long post. Is that really necessary? The latest instance occurred when viewing Nikki's Mass General post.

For reference, I am using 64 Bit Chrome V.78.0.3904.108. However, I see the same issue using Firefox and Opera.

You shouldn’t be seeing them when you are logged in. I know Al had an issue recently but he said that it resolved somehow

all I know to tell you is to log out and in and use Adblocker or similar is that doesn’t work. Sorry. I seethem if logged out and they are VERY annoying

I have enough problems without looking at people's diseased innards. whether whole or bisected. Yuck! 🤢 I don't need that. B.

I don't see any, never have. I used to use uBlock Origin as my ad blocker but now that I am using the Brave browser (Chrome clone with more privacy options), I don't need an ad blocker.

Last edited:
On this page, I see an ad for Official Minnesota Vikings Cornhole, JA ask tech support, The Riviera, sign your lease today, and a banner header for Verizon...

I have enough problems without looking at people's diseased innards. whether whole or bisected. Yuck! 🤢 I don't need that. B.

For me it's the feet. Particularly toenails, unkempt, fungus riddled and ragged. Why? WHY? Though I don't see the ads when I'm signed in. I do use an ad blocker.

I too use an ad blocker, but unless I turn it off, I randomly get a 'popup' telling me to turn it off. This occurs regardless of login status.

The issue is not the ads per se. Rather it is that ads are being inserted into long posts making reading these posts frustrating at best, extremely difficult at worst.

I am sorry that must be incredibly annoying. I see it only when logged out but I completely understand because I see it then

Same as Nikki for me. I’ll ask David to look into this.

Since I'm never seeing any, I'd guess my browser's intolerance for scripts is the reason. If you have the option, you might try checking all the "blocking scripts" options on yours.

Laurie, We don't see ads because we're forum supporters, I believe. At least that's the case with other forum on which I post.

I don't believe I saw them even before that. I'll test with some other browsers, logged out, though.

I just confirmed that even while logged out, I did not see any ads while using Firefox w/ uBlock Origin or Brave by itself. Then I tried Safari without an ad blocker, and saw ads. Then I added AdBlocker Plus, and still saw ads, until I unchecked the "Show Acceptable Ads" option in Preferences. Then, no more ads.

So all in all, I would make sure you have a good ad blocker that is fully enabled. I have never had a message to unblock, so hopefully David can scout that out.

Last edited:
HORRIFYING & ANNOYING ADVERTISING - Though some can be startling and genetically frightening, they can also be medically informative! Without the "Fatty Liver" ad on this site, I never would have known that what I thought was my liver
1576769078813.jpeg
is REALLY pictured as:
1576770614541.jpeg
!!!! ****
My Gosh - We're related to CHICKENS! Had I known that, I would have laid an egg instead of having a C-SECTION! Darn! I'm always the last to know. B.

****Note: Chicken breast is sinilar to ad's as I was prevented from downloading original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back