Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
Montana
City
Helena
I work out of my own and am trying to figure out what types of adaptive technology I will need in order to continue working as long as possible.

This is list I came up with so far: all new office furniture to make it easier to work while expending least amount of energy (eg: lower file cabinets next to desk, get printer from under computer on table next to it), headset for the phone, possibly new office chair. I

I know I'll need a new computer eventually - but not sure what that will be. I have heard of the voice activated software - but my voice gets slurred when I'm tired. Talking to a computer all day would wear me out & I wouldn't think it would be able to understand me after a while anyway! Unfortunately my right hand is also getting weaker at same time. I'm not ready for a head pointer yet - any ideas?

I also think I need a different van. We bought a used van from someone whose husband died of ALS a few months ago. It works for now but probably not for the long haul since it's a mini van and I still have to transfer from wchair to the driver or passenger seat.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on this! I want to "stay ahead" of it.

Kate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back