adapting a bathroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
the kitchen faucet is a great idea B. thanks!
i saw nona asked if shower/commode chairs can be used over toilets with bidets. does anyone have any info or experience
concerning that?

Rich, re: the Rifton commode chair I mentioned... Definitely easily rolls into place over the toilet. Can't speak to how well a bidet would work with it.

thanks jonico. i'm beginning to realize the challenge in anticipating what my habits will be. the logistics of my future lifestyle.
so much to consider.

I think the plan looks good. We built a house for my mom last year. She was still living on her own until she moved into this new house and immediately needed help (she probably needed help previously, but we (kids) weren't around to tell her to get help. At any rate, she moved in back in July.

A couple things we did that were very helpful.
1. The sink has wide sides, so she is able to keep a lot on it and within arms reach.
commercial link removed
2. We added a hand shower on a bar with its own valve along the long wall of the shower, so she can sit in the chair and use the handshower for everything as well as control the water on her own. Definitely worth the extra cost.

We splurged for the Toto bidet seat. She used it for about 2 mos and then a had a fall. She broke a toe and that was the end of her walking. She and her helpers have found it easier to just transfer to the commode chair now rather than transferring to the toilet. Soon they'll be transferring her via a lift and maybe at that point it will make sense to use the toilet again, but not sure.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back