Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
South
City
The Beach
Does anyone have experience with or feedback for this bed?

Also, I'm comfortable with a natural latex mattress with a soft latex topper and wool mattress pad. Do any of you have experience with using latex on hospital beds?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 5.07.56 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 5.07.56 PM.png
    588.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 5.24.16 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 5.24.16 PM.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 54
A lot of features (light, scale, dementia, exit alarms) you don't need, with dollars to match. You can find very good beds for a third/half that. Make sure you have a Linak motor.

Latex mattresses and overlays are fine on hospital beds, though you may not want to go as thick as now because they need to bend.

Laurie, I was hoping you'd see this post. I have a latex mattress (thick) and latex overlay on my adjustable bed now. It puts me into a sitting position or elevates just my head or just my feet.
The greatest fear I have is being in more pain. My back is constantly hurting and, even with my current adjustable bed, I've spent so much money on different toppers, pillows, gadgets, sheets and blankets. I recently found a leg pillow that helps some.
My current mattress and topper have no odors which is also another problem I deal with. Mayo Clinic said I have chemical sensitivity but I react to all kinds of scents, whether chemical or natural as well as visual and auditory sensitivity.

I did Google Linak motors and that's how I found this bed.

What do you think about refurbished beds?

I can't imagine that being able to put the bed into more positions could make your pain worse. Nor have I ever experienced odors with a medical-grade mattress with a fitted sheet, or the green latex overlay I use to this day. Not knowing how tall your combined mattress/overlay are, if the total is past 12" or so, that might not work, but wouldn't hurt to try so long as you stopped if anything started sounding weird.

If you can afford the bed you posted, I wouldn't worry about refurbs. It's about impossible to repair beds for home use cost-effectively and parts could also be an issue, so I would really want a new bed. This post has more brands/sites to consider.

Thanks, Laurie. My current bed is queen size so it will need to be sold. I finally found a good mattress pad that is woolen. It won't go to waste since it can be used on any surface, folded or cut and stitched. It doesn't sleep warm when it's warm. There is also a lady in my building who sews and she can make my sheets fit any bed when needed. I splurged on some expensive, organic summer sheets and Winter flannel sheets last year.

I believe I've gathered enough information to make an informed decision.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back