Loved one DX
Country
US
State
TX
City
Houston
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone with ALS has tried acupunture as treatment for ALS and if you have, have you seen any sort of improvement? We are thinking of this for my mother if that is a possible treatment that would help her any bit.

Thanks,

Kim

Hi, Kim ... I attempted to try acupuncture, and e-mailed a respected practioner saying I'd like to see if some of the ALS symptoms could be helped by acupuncture, and got a response back that said, "Acupuncture does not work on ALS. Do you not understand the nature of this disease?" and he sent me a lot of basic information on ALS, all of which I already had.

I had thought perhaps it would help with symptoms ... I wasn't looking for a cure (although if one had shown up, I certainly would not have rejected it). Anyway, I decided not to pursue it further ... basically I was just trying to do everything I could think of to fight this.

If you go ahead with your mother, please let us know the outcome.

Been there, done that, no benefit.

I did accupunture for many years, until the practionner left town. I found that that it was very helpful for muscle cramps and spasms management.
Patsy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back