Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband tried acupuncture for 4 sessions last Nov/Dec. Each session was once per week and last 2 to 3 hours. Also tried an herbal wine treatment that was to help better flow of the secretions of the spinal column. He took the herbal wine daily for about 3 weeks. After each session Mike would be completely drained and it would take him about 24 hrs to recover. We saw no improvement on systems other than once his back felt a lot better for about 24 hrs. We stopped the session because it wasn't worth how drained he felt afterwards. (kind of like what PT did to him!).

We do believe in acupuncture and have used it in the past for other issues. I think the acupuncturists we went to was extremely knowledgeible. It just didn't help this time.

hi all

again very busy these days with work.

first of all Judie i am sorry to here about ur husband illness and hope your husband recovers fast with all wishes and prayers.

so heres the update.

dad has got the sessions down to 2 sessions per week in feb.

situation is the same till now. there is still alot of mucus in his lungs, difficulty in eating and a bit in breathing.

some one told him to go to some traditional homeopathic doctor and boom my dad goes to visit him

so we went it was amazing theres like a que of 50 people ahead of us so we got a appointment date for the next day.

so we came in again still alot of people there anyway he checked my dad just by checking his heart beat by his wrist. and said this is because of his stomach its week well that didnt make any sense to me. he gave two types of powder meds and capsules and syrup for the cough.

he said fist sign of recovery will be that he will cough out the mucus that is stuck in his lungs (which i didnt believe as he cant do this as his mussels are not responsive enough) then his tung movement will improve and swallowing will be better then he will start talking again.
and asked us to see him again after a week.

So dad took the meds according to his directions even thought we tried to stop him. nothing happened all day so at night before going to bed he goggles and walah amazingly he coughed out a alot and i mean alot of mucus, he came running out to show my mom then me And I was like what the hell.

after that he slept like a baby and fresh and happy the next whole day. I really still cant believe this happened.

its been 3 days now, hes going to the acupuncture doc once a week this month.

I just hope this experiment though not approved by any family members goes well for him.

If it does I will do my best to get to know what is in the herbs that homeo doc gave him.

this is it for now will keep you updated on any new developments (if the homeo doc is right about it being started from his stomach that raises alot of questions on our food Consumption or pollutants that affect us in such a way)

Hi Mohammed,

I, along with my brothers, have just read your posts and they are very encouraging, as our mother has been going through tests to rule out other causes for her slurred speech and swallowing issues - unfortunately, the neurologists are quite certain it's ALS. We are now researching an acupuncturist in the NY / Long Island area with experience treating patients with MNDs.

How has your father been lately?

Three months without an update usually does not look good. Hope this is not the case.

AL.

Hi Guys,

Thank you all for your concerns.

Sorry I couldn’t get online for a long time been supper busy to make money for my dads treatment. Still its never enough.

Still everything is almost ok. Dad stopped going to the Acupuncture Doc. he said it hurt and he would not prefer me wasting money on it. Which I still pushed him to go till April. Then he completely refused.

After 4 months of stoppage it started to get bad and he couldn’t swallow at all so in October we arranged to get a peg for him it was a nightmare he developed an infection and had fever for 2 weeks and finally after 3 weeks it went away. When doctors where treating him with high dosage of antibiotic after 5 days his whole body started to spasm. Then they gave him injections of vitamins also b1 b2 for strength and it got better and free from it in 2 days that was scary.

it all started after 3 months of stoppage of Acupuncture treatment he started to have breathing problems like for 2 hours every night I pushed him hard to start Acupuncture finally he gave in again amazingly it went away. At least I can surly say it really helps its not a cure but it helps.

I think someone asked me here about the doctor I gave him the details he took his mother to him amazingly she didn’t have Als the doc told me its something brain related or damage done to brain nerves or something (I cant tell details it private) now she 90% recovered that must be a relieve for her son.

I have noticed one thing again and again people how have had heart attacks or some kind of accidents small or big get this disease or its just me.

Anyway off to work again need to work to make ends meet. By the way dad again stopped going to the doc for 3 weeks now for reason above my understanding.

Take care all bye

Hi all,

Small update, Dad has gained weight of lil above 5 kg in the last month since getting the peg 2 months back. Also he finall agreed to go go back to Acupuncture Doc.

thats it for now

Hi mohammed. How is your father now? Is he any better?

Hi mohammed,
we are coming over to pakistan on 11 febuary. My father has just been daigonsed mnd/als he has very early symptoms, like slurred speech, sometimes problems swa
llowing food and water, hes had the symptoms for one year but the tests took 7 mths to confirm. Ive been doing alot of research on the net for possible cures as doctors have only medical/ science knowlege and suggest no further. My father is not on any medication yet and he is eating normal food. Is it possible mohammed you could give me your contact details as i would like to meet up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back