Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
12/2015
Country
US
State
New Jersey
Has anyone tried either acupuncture or chinese herbal medicine to alleviate various symptoms? I was talking with a friend who has lung cancer and she said acupuncture was helping her fatigue levels. I've done 3 treatments so far and am not noticing much effect. My guy wants to refer me to someone who also does chinese herbal medicine. I tend not to go in for these kinds of treatments, but I've got nothing to lose, right?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

GregK

Extremely helpful member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
11/2012
Country
US
State
CO
oh, you absolutely have something to lose!
Be sure to check for interactions. WebMD is one site to use.

lgelb

Forum Supporter
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
WA
There are certainly risks, including pesticide poisoning, liver and kidney damage, increased cancer risks and drug/condition interactions as Greg noted. A big issue is truth in labeling, because to avoid ingredients that could harm you, you have to know they are there.

I would certainly not use a product whose manufacturer/provenance I did not have ample evidence for trust, and I would scrutinize closely the credentials and reputation of any TCM practitioner who did his own compounding.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks