Reason
Other
Country
US
State
California
City
FONTANA
Alright, I'm 21 and my story starts late January of this year when one day, out of the blue, I awoke and found I was having body wide fasciculations, primarily focused on my arms and legs every few seconds or so. Jumping around from place to place but definitely happening at least once every 15 to 30 seconds. Time progressed and they did not cease. In fact, I started experiencing stronger twitches, primarily in my fingers and toes. So, at this point I went to my doctor and was referred to a neurologist. Fast forward a month or two and my neurologist orders a nerve conduction study and a brain mri. I get there, for one reason or another they tell me they can do either my arms or my legs, but not both and I say my legs.

I got the results recently and it stated that there was a definite drop in my sensory nerve activity, and I have yet to hear my doctor's take on this since my follow up appointment isn't until next month. Time progresses, and all the while I notice myself getting more headaches, dropping things more often, and having trouble remembering things. Also, I experience random shots of pain in my limbs sometimes, lasting no more than a second or two, like a needle prick or so. I seem to have trouble balancing, finding myself often leaning too far in one direction and having to readjust to not fall. Most recently, I find that I can't turn the key as easily in the door knob, and that I can't really hold my cup of coffee up for too long. Today, I noticed that while I ate, when I was holding up my fork with food, my fingers were shaking. Like they couldn't quite hold up the fork. And my first symptom, the fasciculations, have of course been going on to this day.

So, my issue is, I don't know if this is actual progressing weakness or if I'm just assuming it's weakness because I'm so desperate for an answer as to what's wrong with me. The fact my tests and appointments are moving so slowly isn't helping me much either. So, based off this, what do you guys think? Cause for ALS alarm, or should I be seeking an explanation elsewhere?

Based on your age and the majority of symptoms being sensory, I feel comfortable saying you do not have ALS. Relax and most of your symptoms will disappear.
Vincent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back